Corsair Community

Icue 3.6.109

HazardousDrunk

This program worked fine on last SOFTWARE VERSION but now it will work for 5 minutes upon bootup, then it crashes, the program stays open but nothing works on it, it won't increase my fan speed with my custom curve, doesn't show me updates on temp etc etc.. I have to exit it and restart the program for it to work.. So imagine playing a game seeing 60C and noticing your fans aren't working because of this program..

Please fix.. also why all the sudden does it need to use upwards of 6% of CPU??

First, 60C is hardly an issue and certainly not "on fire". It's probably quite normal but that's really impossible to say since you've not filled out your hardware specs. But I can guarantee that you won't ruin your components. Your CPU will thermal throttle and then shut down before any damage happens. Unless, of course, you have one of the AMD Athlon XPs from ... oh ... over 15 years ago ([ame]

[/ame]). But I don't think that there is a mounting bracket for those processors and your H100i V2.

You can, by the way, write a custom fan curve to the cooler. Now, this will have to be based on the pump temperature but that's the proper way to control the fans anyway so that's not really a problem.

And what do you mean by the "last firmware"? The H100i V2 doesn't support flashing the firmware ... so I'm not sure how the firmware can have any impact on this.

Finally, have you checked to make sure that you are powering the cooler properly? Please see section "B" of the Liquid Cooler FAQ linked in my signature. This is pretty important as the cooler won't operate properly without the correct voltage. While I've not heard of this causing the software to crash, it has caused other problems.

60C is a massive problem for me considering it runs 40-45C under load running games, I prefer to not heat my room up with the temps being 100+ outside.. I don't think specs should reaaaaalllllly matter considering its the software taking a **** since its last software update, If you need proof look at the forums.

SOFTWARE UPDATE, sorry didn't know people couldn't figure that out on their own.

.. I don't think specs should reaaaaalllllly matter considering its the software taking a **** since its last software update, If you need proof look at the forums.

Of course it does, if suddenly everyone on a 5th gen i5 is seeing CPU spikes, it gives Devs a place to start looking, or there might be a bug with a particular motherboard. Just because the software is not working well / as expected that doesnt mean the hardware isn't responsible.

60C is a massive problem for me considering it runs 40-45C under load running games, I prefer to not heat my room up with the temps being 100+ outside.. I don't think specs should reaaaaalllllly matter considering its the software taking a **** since its last software update, If you need proof look at the forums.

No one comes to the forums unless there's a problem. If the problems were as widespread as you claim, we'd see a LOT more complaints on the forum. Using the forums to judge the stability of the software is like sitting at 911 dispatch and using those calls to say that a city is about to implode because of fires, heart attacks and crime.

SOFTWARE UPDATE, sorry didn't know people couldn't figure that out on their own.

Sorry dude, but I failed mind reading in Kindergarten. I can only go by what you put in your post. You really shouldn't assume that people will auto-correct your incorrect terminology.

Archived