Corsair Community

GS800 fan not spinning...

1rakl1

Hello, about two weeks ago I bought new parts for my PC, one of which was a brand new gs800. Everything works just fine, except that gs800 fan does not spin at all, it only spins at the startup and after that it doesn't do anything. Usually I play battlefield 3, for 2-3 hours, sometimes even more, but still nothing... so is this normal? and also I want to ask, if something goes wrong with my gs800 and it will overheat or something like that, will it hurt my other PC parts too?

Hello, about two weeks ago I bought new parts for my PC, one of which was a brand new gs800. Everything works just fine, except that gs800 fan does not spin at all, it only spins at the startup and after that it doesn't do anything. Usually I play battlefield 3, for 2-3 hours, sometimes even more, but still nothing... so is this normal?

Yes, this is normal. As long as the PSU is not hot to the touch. When i mean hot , that you can't put your hand on on it. It is supposed to be fan-less at low loads/temps.

Alternately, you could run Prime 95 and Furmark at the same time to really load the system and see if the fan spins then.

I want to ask, if something goes wrong with my gs800 and it will overheat or something like that, will it hurt my other PC parts too?

If the PSU were to overheat it would just shut down to prevent other damage. That PSU will require a combination of load and temp to get the fan to spin. So it's not just temperature alone that is the determining factor . It's about 49c/40% load or any combination of the two

• 3 months later...

Archived