Corsair Community

Enable demo Mode while off

snuffered

I guess I am one of the few that likes to have the rainbow "demo mode" on while my computer is turned off. I searched for an answer to this but couldnt find anything. I just bought the keyboard today and when I initially plugged it into my computer before turning it on and with no software installed, the demo mode started a couple of seconds later.

Now after I have a profile installed and CUE installed, it no longer works while it is turned off. Does anyone know of a way to have it back on? Or to at least have my profile stay on after shutting down? I've seen suggestions with messing with BIOS options, but I didn't touch any before or after the keyboard install.

My mobo is an asus z87 plus is that helps.

Thanks!

Oddly enough it worked before I installed the CUE software, now that it is installed, it no longer does it. This is on windows 8.1, no changes in BIOS and I even unchecked the "allow the computer to turn this off to save power" options on all the USBs on my mobo. It's plugged into a USB 3.0 slot.

I don't care about when the computer is powered off... but I wish there was a way for animated lighting to happen while the computer is on the lock screen.

As soon as I lock my computer the "default" profile triggers, but no lighting effects happen.

• Corsair Employee
I don't care about when the computer is powered off... but I wish there was a way for animated lighting to happen while the computer is on the lock screen.

As soon as I lock my computer the "default" profile triggers, but no lighting effects happen.

When the system is locked, it blocks the application from running sadly. The only way to bypass this is if the keyboard has onboard memory and computing power to do the pattern without communication from the SW.

So then I just have to...make the software run as a service... :) I'll have to give it a shot.

I love the idea of my office being completely dark at night...but every 10 seconds a wave of color flies across the keyboard.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm not aware of any changes to the USB parameters which may impact this. Disable ErP in the BIOS though to see if it makes a difference.

ErP is disabled at the moment. I have looked at a lot of the guides to disable the lighting while it is off, and did the opposite. Are there any documents I can show you to help maybe figure this out?

When the system is locked, it blocks the application from running sadly. The only way to bypass this is if the keyboard has onboard memory and computing power to do the pattern without communication from the SW.

So it looks like it was the profile that I had saved to the device memory that was making it completely blank while my computer was off. I bought another k70 with brown switches instead and plugged it in while the computer was off and demo mode came on.

After I turned the computer on, it synced up with CUE and took the profile i was using on my red switch k70. When I turned it back off (without saving a profile to the brown k70 memory), it did the standard red/white solid colors and stayed on that permanently, so it has to do with what is saved to the devices memory, I guess.

The next question is how to make the rainbow wave show instead of the red/white

• Corsair Employee
So it looks like it was the profile that I had saved to the device memory that was making it completely blank while my computer was off. I bought another k70 with brown switches instead and plugged it in while the computer was off and demo mode came on.

After I turned the computer on, it synced up with CUE and took the profile i was using on my red switch k70. When I turned it back off (without saving a profile to the brown k70 memory), it did the standard red/white solid colors and stayed on that permanently, so it has to do with what is saved to the devices memory, I guess.

The next question is how to make the rainbow wave show instead of the red/white

Demo mode isn't stored on the onboard memory that works with CUE. It's saved to the actual hardware on the keyboard that isn't modifiable by the end user.

Demo mode isn't stored on the onboard memory that works with CUE. It's saved to the actual hardware on the keyboard that isn't modifiable by the end user.

Okay, so it just defaults to it when the computer is off? Any way to change it to the rainbow demo mode rather than the red/white?

• Corsair Employee
Okay, so it just defaults to it when the computer is off? Any way to change it to the rainbow demo mode rather than the red/white?

The red/white is whats saved to the onboard memory so you can change the background color. For rainbow waves, there has to be only power going through USB port and no enumeration.

• 3 years later...
The red/white is whats saved to the onboard memory so you can change the background color. For rainbow waves, there has to be only power going through USB port and no enumeration.

Well I had to do that hold Esc while plugging in my K70 LUX because of problems I have with the keyboard, but now the default static rainbow is gone. I have full red with white on WASD and arrow keys. How do I re-enable that demo mode?

Well I had to do that hold Esc while plugging in my K70 LUX because of problems I have with the keyboard, but now the default static rainbow is gone. I have full red with white on WASD and arrow keys. How do I re-enable that demo mode?

So... Anyone???

• 1 month later...

Archived