Corsair Community

Help Me Please

Flappz

So I bought the Obsidian 500Dse Case, and the commander pro was already mounted on the bottom front near the front trio fans... I have a LL120RGB Fan mounted in the back but the cable is not long enough to reach from the back of the case to the front. So my LEDs don't function the fans just spin and I cant control the speeds / etc. Is there any cable extender I can buy? If so leave the link below!

Thank you,

Aiden

okay thanks bud gonna order it soon. much appreciated!

Good luck. My experience with ModDIY - and it's been extensive - is that it'll take at least 3 weeks, if not longer, to arrive. And no tracking. Unless you pay $30 for the premium shipping. Plus ... those cables are short.

Good luck. My experience with ModDIY - and it's been extensive - is that it'll take at least 3 weeks, if not longer, to arrive. And no tracking. Unless you pay $30 for the premium shipping. Plus ... those cables are short.

Okay screw diy thing 10cm lmao... gonna go with that pirate dog one... which one will I need again dont want to order wrong and have it to be shipped back across the ocean.

Thanks

That's really your call. The 1000D "Essentials" pack is based on Zotty's build and front panel (no push/pull). He can speak to the suitability of the length better than I can. Others have gone with 8 12" cables, another wanted 8 20" cables, a couple have gotten two packs for push pull ... so it really depends on your positioning and the fans that you are installing. There isn't one "right" answer. The Fan Splitter (included in the "Essentials" pack) lets you have 2 Fan Hubs on a single Lighting Channel and gives you perfectly sync'd effects, which looks cool on the front panel. Zotty has a couple of videos in his build thread that show that.

**EDIT** for some reason, I thought that you had the 1000D, not the 500D. So ... ignore all of that. For the 500D, I'm not sure what length you'd need. It'll be based on the fan and where the fan hub is. While I'm sure that there have been folks with the 500D, I'm not sure what cables they've gotten.

Archived