Corsair Community

Force 3 120 GB Random slowdowns

tgbyhn10

Have i7-2700k on a Gigabyte Z68AP-D3 motherboard with 8GB ddr3 1600 memory force 3 plugged into sata 3 socket and ahci enabled. Just installed a new windows 7 machine all latest MS patches and drivers installed. Latest firmware on motherboard and force 3. Latest intel drivers for everything.

I had this machine running with the same drivers on competitors (slower) ssd drive for 2 months and it never slowed down at all. I also rebuilt it about 2 weeks ago with exactly the same drivers / programs installed as now but with two 160gb drives in raid confirguration. The system never slowed down like now.)

Getting random slow downs. e.g. while in ie9 cpu activity is almost zero nothing happeneing on the system but it stalls for 10-15 seconds when rendering a web page. This seems to be a known problem, with these drives which corsair are ignoring. I'm assuming RMAing the drive wont help as many people have done that and problem persists. Is there anything I can do? This is not an internet problem.

think my best option would be to ebay the drive and get the ******** M4? Corsair can you help me?

Thanks

Looking at those scores I would consider reformatting the drive with diskpart and reloading the OS.

Run diskpart.exe

1 list disk

2 select disk x with x being the number given for your ssd

3 clean (this destroys all partition/volume data on the disk)

4 create partition primary align=1024

5 active

6 format fs=ntfs quick

7 exit

Thanks for the help

I have a few questions as I thought corsair say you don't need to do anything special when installing your os so what gives?

1. Are the scores bad?

2. If I do what you say, would I see a real improvement?

3. I've just installed the OS on the brand new drive, why do I need to do this?

Thanks

i just read this "If you install Windows7 on a brand new SSD, you need not make any special arrangements because the Windows7 installer will do the alignment for you" so do I need to align it or not? are the scores bad? Do the force 3 drives have a bug that can't be fixed by firmware updates?

Thanks

I just looked at the partition and it is aligned to 1024... I think, this is what diskpart states

DISKPART> list partition

Partition ### Type Size Offset

------------- ---------------- ------- -------

Partition 1 Primary 100 MB 1024 KB

Partition 2 Primary 64 GB 101 MB

-Check which port your SSDs are connected to. Make sure they are in the SATA 6GB/s ports.

From the Gigabyte Website

Chipset:

2 x SATA 6Gb/s connectors (SATA3_0, SATA3_1) supporting up to 2 SATA 6Gb/s devices

4 x SATA 3Gb/s connectors (SATA2_2~SATA2_5) supporting up to 4 SATA 3Gb/s devices

* The SATA2_5 connector will become unavailable when the mSATA connector is installed with a solid state drive.

Support for RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, and RAID 10

* When a RAID set is built across the SATA 6Gb/s and SATA 3Gb/s channels, the system performance of the RAID set may vary depending on the devices being connected.

I closed/turned off everything I could and ran ATTO again, it was exactly the same. I continue to get programs "not responding" for 5-20 seconds and webpages hanging for 5-20 seconds. Rebuilt the machine several times in last month with same drivers from same location. Never had problems with two other much slower drives. Nothing is different apart from the drive - it's definately bad. Didn't have problems like this with a much slower competiters 2 year old ssd drive. Clearly Corsair have not fixed the problem with these drives and continue to ignore customers who report this problem - ignorance is bliss...

Wont someone from corsair help or do you all hide when random slowdowns are mentioned?

Do Corsair staff help out in these forums? If so why wont they help me?

But I installed everything from scratch already with a brand new drive. I've already got another SSD from a different manufacturer as I can't waste too much time on what seems to be a very dodgy product.

I'm going to do a fresh install on the competiters product as I need a system I can rely on ASAP. Will it be OK if I just secure erase the corsair SSD afterwards and then do a ATTO benchmark?

I don't have another sata 3 motherboard

Thanks for the help BTW

Hello

Is everything ok with my drive?

http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/7356/beztytuuyoh.png

http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/3083/10826395.png

http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/1177/81263463.png

For some time I feel slowdown my SSD. If I click on something, I have to wait a while before it starts. Earlier this problem was not. I feel the general slowdown of the OS :/ I don't know where is the problem. Motherboard or SSD?

I got a 128GB drive from another manufacturer their version 4 drive which has similar read speeds but 200MB write speeds and my PC is much faster than the force 3 - very happy. Clearly sequential read and write speeds are not the only thing that influences how fast these drives will be in the real world.

Now what to do with this mistake.

I did a secure erase and another atto test but it's still not right. Any ideas why the read speeds are so bad?

Thanks

attachment.php?attachmentid=10564&stc=1&d=1335460039

1664159894_ATTOF3aftersecureerase.PNG.7eb970150841e678b025ad2844b44b66.PNG

Archived