Corsair Community

Remember these? TWIN2X4096-8500C5D Still going strong but need a bit of help thx

REMA1

Hello my system is

Asus M4N72E mobo

Gtx260 nvidia

AMD Phonem PI 940 BE cpu

Corsair TX 750 (or TX850) psu

Ram Corsair CM2x2048-8500C5D 2x2GB ...these are in slots 3&4 as slots 1&2 are blockes by Cpu heatsink

Settings are 5, 5 ,5 ,15 ,22, 2T at 2.1 v DRAM 533 FSB:DRAM 3:8

As I am trying to OC my 940 BE cpu to 3400mhz from default 3000mhz (ok at 3200mhz) but keep getting system crashes when running FUTUREMARK 3DMARK VANTAGE would it be sensible to lower the speed of the RAM

and if I did would I set it to

Voltage1.8, 800Mhz, 5-5-5-15 (everything else on auto) ?

thanks for any advice...the RAM is fine at stock cpu speed (had problems when I built PC to get it stable but has been fine since)

• Corsair Employee
I notice you have two sticks in slots 3 and 4. Does your motherboard support memory in a dual channel configuration when you're using these two slots? Also, slowly raise the speed of the CPU when overclocking instead of taking leaps so you know which setting causes the crash. I can't help you with overclocking unfortunately beyond that.

hello thanks for the reply...according to the mobo manual I can run these in the yellow or black slots and I have no problems with them at 533(1066) 2.1V in these slots.

I believe the unclocked speed of these is 800mhz and I was trying to confirm what settings/voltage I should have the ram at at the 800 mhz speed.

I can then try to run cpu at 3400 mhz and see if the ram is a limiting factor ( I have "upped" the CPU voltage but still bsd's over 3200mhz)

• Corsair Employee
DDR1066 would be the max you can run the modules and at DDr1066 you should set the settings as listed on the modules IE DDR1066 at Cass 5-5-5-15 at 2.1 Volts 2T Command Rate. If you want to run the memory at DDRT800 should be no problem but we can only support what the modules are rated for.

Ok thanks again...I found this page :

http://www.corsair.com/en/memory-by-product-family/dominator/twin2x2048-8500c5d.html

If I run at 800mhz I assume I use the SPD settings on this sheet ...ie 1.8V 5-5-5-18 and I guess 2T (?)and unganged though it's not stated on the sheet.

CPU-Z shows setting of JEDEC #2 as 400mhz, 5,5 5, 18, IRC 23 at 1.8v ...No command rate is stated

would these be the correct setting to try at 800mhz??

Though I've googled it I can't find what SPD means/is. I'm assuming that it is the default rate before manufacturers test the ram at overclocked rates...as I say I'm just trying to confirm what I should set these to if I run them at 800mhz (i.e DRAM freq of 400mhz)

thanks

Archived