Corsair Community

GA-K8NNXP Best Memory???

freak200169

[url]http://tw.giga-byte.com/MotherBoard/Products/Products_Spec_GA-K8NNXP.htm[/url] It's a socket 754 board, which does not support registered memory. Nothing on their site says it supports ECC, and I checked on some other sites, none of which mention that it supports ECC. Then again, none of them say that it doesn't either.

I have this motherboard and the memory you are asking about I would say don't get that memory since I have nothing but problems with the system. I have exchanged my MB and Video Card and the problem I have are still there the only other piece of equipment is the memory which I cant change for a different type and im not going to buy more memory for this system. I might just sell everything off and get a P4 system at this point. To play it safe goto the giga-byte website and get a pair of tested memory. They have a list on there site.

• Corsair Employee
I would suggest CMX1024-3200 with this MB and socket 754 CPU's would not normally support registered memory! However, the CPU will support it, if the MB maker provided for registers when they did the MB layout! And every MB we have tested based on socket 754 would not support registered memory!

alright what about the pro series? i was actually thinking about TWINX1024-3200LLPRO because i can get the pair cheaper then buying 2 singles together. and the board supports ECC but not registerd...i was wondering if it would be worth it to get ECC, and if corsair actually makes any of these as just ecc and not registered?

• Corsair Employee
No I am sorry but we do not offer ECC un-buffered DDR400 memory! And weather the modules are Pro or PT or not would not matter as they would be the same memory! Please see [URL=http://houseofhelp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20857]What does C2, LL, PT, R or RE stand for in the part#? [/URL]

All I can say is that this motherboard (all 754 boards actually) is well known to have memory problems so unless the memory is certified and tested by giga-byte I would not touch it unless the place you buy the memory from will exchange it for a diffrent type or brand which the place I got mine from was not willing to do because after changing the motherboard and video card it was past there return date policy. So now I am stuck with a big problem that may or may not be memory related but since im not about to buy new memory I will never find out. For now on I will only purchase tested memory and I wont take the word of the memory maker that it will work because I was told the memory should work but it seems it dont.

I have started a thread that is now a few months old and you have suggested setting changes but nothing has worked. To be honest I have giving up on this system since it seems just about everyone is having problems with 754 motherboards.

Archived