Corsair Community

Corsair h115i vs Arctic Liquid Freezer 360

buzadam

HI ALL Corsair forum user....

I have two aio cooler. But ı cant decide which one good than others. Please share your opinion and give me some recommend for choice cooler

My system spec:

Case: cooler master cosmos 2

Cpu: amd fx 9590 ( will replace zen fx)

Thanks.

thanks to dawgg for interest.

my first impression

ı have two that cooler. corsair h115i tube diameter wider than freezer 360. freezer 360 pump dead silent no buzzing or grinding noise totally silent. but no can add fan or led pump have 3 pin take from power.

when ı read view similar cooling solution thermaltake water 3.0 360 , corsair h115 approximate 3 c cool or equal 360.

some user say 360 radiator cooilng performance better than 280 radiator

anyone can confirm that 360 better than 280 ?

Generally speaking, a 360mm radiator is likely to have slightly more surface area than a 280mm radiator of the same thickness. However, calculating surface area is tedious if one or more of the items uses curved fins and requires a counting of the fins either way.

The other thing to consider is the amount of available cooling gain. If my 5930K in highly overclocked state uses approximately 205w at full load, and my water delta is only 10C with a 280mm radiator, then what is a reasonable expectation with a slight improvement in surface area on a 360mm? 2C less? Not really worth it unless the cooler meets your other needs.

I would suggest you make your decision based on other factors. Either a 360 or 280mm radiator will give you plenty of ability to dissipate heat from the water. More compelling items would be build quality, warranty, and any compromises necessary to fit it in your case. A 280mm may be mountable in more than 1 location. A 360 likely only fits in one place. I find 120mm fans a bit buzzy compared to 140mm. That may not matter to other people. One is a new product and has no history for comparison. Take that as you will, but it does prevent any meaningful discussion about it and this is probably not the appropriate place to have that discussion anyway.

Generally speaking, a 360mm radiator is likely to have slightly more surface area than a 280mm radiator of the same thickness. However, calculating surface area is tedious if one or more of the items uses curved fins and requires a counting of the fins either way.

The other thing to consider is the amount of available cooling gain. If my 5930K in highly overclocked state uses approximately 205w at full load, and my water delta is only 10C with a 280mm radiator, then what is a reasonable expectation with a slight improvement in surface area on a 360mm? 2C less? Not really worth it unless the cooler meets your other needs.

I would suggest you make your decision based on other factors. Either a 360 or 280mm radiator will give you plenty of ability to dissipate heat from the water. More compelling items would be build quality, warranty, and any compromises necessary to fit it in your case. A 280mm may be mountable in more than 1 location. A 360 likely only fits in one place. I find 120mm fans a bit buzzy compared to 140mm. That may not matter to other people. One is a new product and has no history for comparison. Take that as you will, but it does prevent any meaningful discussion about it and this is probably not the appropriate place to have that discussion anyway.

ı read some hardware review sites , some review corsair h115i better or equal thermaltake water 3.0 360. at guru3d so what do you think about it ?

On the Cooler Master site it says

"Supports 240/280mm radiators at the top"

In the Liquid Cooler Compatability List, the largest rad that they list is a 280 mm one.

It also says that there is space for 3 x 120 mm fans in the top, but that isn't the same as a 360 mm radiator, which will be 30 to 40 mm longer than 3 fans, possibly more, depending on the pipes.

The 360 mm cooler may fit and if you have the case and the cooler, it's worth a shot, but I wouldn't buy it based on what I can see on the Cooler Master site.

On the Cooler Master site it says

"Supports 240/280mm radiators at the top"

In the Liquid Cooler Compatability List, the largest rad that they list is a 280 mm one.

It also says that there is space for 3 x 120 mm fans in the top, but that isn't the same as a 360 mm radiator, which will be 30 to 40 mm longer than 3 fans, possibly more, depending on the pipes.

The 360 mm cooler may fit and if you have the case and the cooler, it's worth a shot, but I wouldn't buy it based on what I can see on the Cooler Master site.

Hi

ı added some pictures for you cooler master cosmos 2

DSC_0881.thumb.JPG.ed3545639632e093734e73ce831e5499.JPG

I'm glad that it works, maybe Cooler Master should update their specs for the case. Looks like someone is a big Noctua fan fan.

Thanks. Yes I love NOCTUA . ı use only noctua when ı using or need a fan. It realy and realy Premium grade fan.

Archived