Corsair Community

2 VS1GB400C3 (2 X 1GB=2GB) sticks to put into my PM800-M2 motherboard.

oboyisreal

I recently bought a VS1GB400C3 (1GB) (from Newegg.com) stick to put into my ECS PM800-M2 motherboard from Newegg.com. Properties Performance reads : 960 MB of ram and 75 % Free : And System freeze up every how and then ! is this a timeing issue and if so what is the correct time for this memory! Also when I had 256 in the system I had 256 and it read 192 !???? I'm sure its a timming issue But I could be wrong, But I don't know the timming settings or for sure this is the prob.

If More system Data and/or info is needed I have it Handy !: !:

I recently bought a VS1GB400C3 (1GB) (from Newegg.com) stick to put into my ECS PM800-M2 motherboard from Newegg.com. Properties Performance reads : 960 MB of ram and 75 % Free : And System freeze up every how and then ! is this a timeing issue and if so what is the correct time for this memory! Also when I had 256 in the system I had 256 and it read 192 !???? I'm sure its a timming issue But I could be wrong, But I don't know the timming settings or for sure this is the prob.

If More system Data and/or info is needed I have it Handy !: !:

Your motherboard has build in video, and as such the system is allocating 64MB of the memory for video translation duties.

That mainboard is known to have issues and there have been BIOS fixes released. What BIOS version are you using? The best version is 1.2e which addresses BIOS and NX, C1E issues. It also fixes time issues.

Enter your BIOS and set to these values:

DRAM Clock = by SPD

DRAM Timing = Manual

SDRAM Cas latency (tCAS)= 3

Bank Interleave = 4 Bank

Ras to Cas delay (tRCD) : 3

Precharge to Active (tRP) : 3

DRAM Command Rate = 2T[/Quote]

Download Memtest86+ V2.01 from--->Here.

Burn the ISO image to a CD and boot to the CD. Allow Memtest to run for two full passes.

Results?

Archived