Corsair Community

CUE and Corsair.Service using a lot of CPU and RAM

donavanbadboy

Hi,

I've had to disable CUE and Corsair.Service as they were using far too much CPU and RAM.

I don't understand how a simple peripheral configuration tool can use so many resources.

However, it seems that the static lighting effects I've chosen persist without needing to run CUE or the Corsair.Service so I will be leaving them disabled.

It would be great if Corsair could make lightweight tools to configure specific Corsair products rather than rolling everything into one bloated application.

I'm not even sure what the Corsair.Service does because my products are working fine without it and it was chewing about 1% CPU doing basically nothing.

Ummm ... 1% CPU utilization is "a lot of CPU"?

And what CPU are you running?

Intel 7820X at 3.6GHz stock speed (it's actually clocked to 4GHz but let's use the base stock speed).

Back of an envelope calculation:

Each of the 8 cores can do about 4000 MIPS, so in total that's 32,000 MIPS, or 32,000,000,000,000 instructions per second, other benchmarks show the 7820X achieving over 47,000 MIPS so my estimate is low.

1% of 32,000 MIPS is 3,200,000,000 instructions per second, so yeh I would say that is a LOT of CPU for a background service that manages some LED lights on a keyboard.

Archived