Corsair Community

release date on a new firmware for k70 rgb

MesaMitch

Date is end of last week :(

Still no statement from Corsair.

You probably read this date in the thread about K70 RGB with Brown switches recognized as K95.

Perhaps everybody hoped that all issues would have been addressed in this update, but noone ever said that.

Concerning the K70/K95 problem, yes, they fixed it. One working day later than said, but that's totally OK.

@ Yellowbeard

im not sure if you call it that but your post was

Here is the official statement from our beloved product manager.
Thank you for purchasing the Corsair Gaming K70 and K95 RGB keyboards. Unfortunately we were alerted to an issue regarding a LED on a specific key that is not being lit after updating to the latest firmware. We want to alert everyone that this is not a defective LED and your hardware is not compromised. The LED error is related to an unforeseen issue with our firmware/software. We have been able to isolate the issue and are working on a resolution with an ETA by the end of the week. We apologize for the inconvenience and ask for your patience and understanding as this is being resolved.

This sound pretty much as a date for a update... does it not?

I really tried to like my k65 rgb so much, after people were saying "Monday" for the firmware to fix all the freezing and software crashes i have had enough a "gaming" product should not affect performance so badly its going back to best buy. i really gave it all the patience i had, but without so much as a real date knowing you have all these customers with issues. If you cared about us and are working as hard as you say you are you could at least put your foot down and say " we will fix your problems by this date" say something instead of " no not really" when someone quotes what you previously said worst company rep on the planet....and after skimming through your posts thats all i see is dodgy responses and back pedals.

i really tried boys this keyboard is kick *** if only the software worked or they at least showed that they cared enough to give themselves a proper stake in the ground as to when it would be fixed.

what irritates me the most is after all these issues being posted they have the nerve to post that an issue is being fixed but only "international" is having a problem. WE ARE ALL HAVING PROBLEMS PEOPLE. end rant.

I will have to see if the razer chroma software is any better for myself even if it the lighting isnt as good and the switches are knockoffs, it will work as advertised.

Joerge, you could uninstall the software until the new release is finished.

The keyboard then works as a normal keyboard, you just cannot edit the lighting.

But wouldn't that make spending the extra dollars to have the lighting customization be pointless then? We can all just deal with things, that's not the point.

As Steve Jobs once said, we as consumers have the power to decide with out wallets. If Corsair is on track then we buy it, if they aren't then we don't. I bought into the hype, I was excited because I loved my K70,H100i and 2100 headset. I believed in the quality and finish Corsair has shown me up until this point.

We are all human we make mistakes no one is perfect, but people believed in them with their wallet to produce what they advertised on day 1.

I didn't understand the logo change but i remained faithful.

I didn't understand the lack of clear communication of just when the k65 rgb would be available but remained faithful.

I didn't understand CUE freezing and crash issues but remained faithful when i heard of an fix coming soon.

Weeks later at least i am honest to say i am fed up.

People are passionate about products and what companies they decide to commit their hard earned money to. It is why there was the backlash that there was bout the logo in the first place.

All of what i am typing may seem over the top " its just a keyboard" right? its how a feel about it, that is what forums are for.

I will stop typing now will save the rest for my book about it ;)::D:

Joerge, you could uninstall the software until the new release is finished.

The keyboard then works as a normal keyboard, you just cannot edit the lighting.

That's what I've done. Jeez, never encountered a keyboard that was capable of basically crashing my system. Until now. At least I didn't get a defective LED this time - very happy about that.

Archived