Corsair Community

Crystal 570x RGB Not Syncing with Asus Aura

Syntaxx

As the title says, my case fan RGB's are not syncing with the other LEDs on my Mobo/GPU/RAM. Am I missing something? All 6 fans are plugged into the Mobo using 3 to 1 splitters; and of course the hub has power via sata PSU. Is there another cord I am missing?

I am also not getting any light out of the corsair logo in the very front even though it is plugged in.

Any help is appreciated. I just finished my build today and am very pleased.

76135550_NewPC.thumb.jpg.31b33135ced0dbd3259125723358839f.jpg

As the title says, my case fan RGB's are not syncing with the other LEDs on my Mobo/GPU/RAM. Am I missing something? All 6 fans are plugged into the Mobo using 3 to 1 splitters; and of course the hub has power via sata PSU. Is there another cord I am missing?

I am also not getting any light out of the corsair logo in the very front even though it is plugged in.

Any help is appreciated. I just finished my build today and am very pleased.

Hi there,

The 570x lighting is independent & cannot sync with any Motherboard sorry.

The fans you have plugged into the Motherboard only control the speed, not the lighting.

Well that sucks. Guess I'm sticking with a static color. Thanks guys!

Well you can change the colour of the front fans using the controller on the top of the case, but yeah would be nice to have a case that syncs in the future, or maybe they can design a different controller that you can swap out which is compatible, that would be awesome.

• Corsair Employee
Well you can change the colour of the front fans using the controller on the top of the case, but yeah would be nice to have a case that syncs in the future, or maybe they can design a different controller that you can swap out which is compatible, that would be awesome.

We did demo a solution at Computex that synced Corsair RGB peripherals/fans/led strips/cooler with a MSI motherboard, called Sync It. This was a concept to show that it can be done and it made use of our Lighting Node PRO and a highly modified version of CUE.

We don't have any further details to provide at this time though, but we definitely want to be able to make it easier to get your system lighting controlled through a single utility!

We did demo a solution at Computex that synced Corsair RGB peripherals/fans/led strips/cooler with a MSI motherboard, called Sync It. This was a concept to show that it can be done and it made use of our Lighting Node PRO and a highly modified version of CUE.

We don't have any further details to provide at this time though, but we definitely want to be able to make it easier to get your system lighting controlled through a single utility!

That is really cool!! Nice work

Although rgb are awesome, and yes, I am all over it, there are simply too many LED systems scattering the industry. 12v, 5v, VCC+-R-G-B; VCC+, DI, Gr; VCC+, DI,CL,Gr. Etc. and all of them are being tossed at the consumer and none are interchangeable. Each line is pretty cool in and of itself, but I think corsair is the one headed in the right direction so far. Unfortunately I do not see any script or controller that can sync it all together without buying new stuff when developed if/when they standardize the actual individual addressable LED/RGB itself. Until that time, turn it all on and once in a while everything will be the in sync and same color. The rest of the time it all just does its own thing. My entire system is corsair.... but the AIO has a limited color pallete, the ram is on its own, and the fan rgb are not even connected to link, ergo, the strips will never know what any of the other stuff is doing. so, there's that. Corsair, my friends, need to communicate between labs and development a compatible standardized system and not push independent products under the same brand, it is very unsettling. But they are moving in the right direction... in addition, I have invested in hoping we are just a few software revisions away. I am steering clear of the mobo 12v systems as development continues. Interesting times my friends.

• 2 weeks later...
Although rgb are awesome, and yes, I am all over it, there are simply too many LED systems scattering the industry. 12v, 5v, VCC+-R-G-B; VCC+, DI, Gr; VCC+, DI,CL,Gr. Etc. and all of them are being tossed at the consumer and none are interchangeable..

Different LED system technologies.

"Strip-Addressable" (The 12 volt systems) are the most simple. Each LED has a common line and then R, G, and B. Colors are made on all of them at once with PWM cycling. These are cheap cheap cheap. 2 to 5 cents each

WS2812/WS2812B (+5, Data, Gnd) is what the HD120 RGB and HD140 RGB use, as well as several others. Each LED has four pins and it uses single-wire communication to send a data stream to every LED individually. Once the LED is told what color to be, it stays that way as long as it has power and is not told otherwise. Each LED unit costs about 15 to 25 cents in general.

APA102 (+5, Data, Clock, Ground) is the big brother of WS2812 and each LED has six pins. They are still individually-addressable like the WS2812 LEDs above, however they are more capable. The inclusion of a clock pin means that the controller to run them doesn't have to be nearly as precise on timing and they cycle the LEDs at a much faster rate internally, resulting in a cleaner appearance. These cost 40 to 60 cents per LED though.

Then there's the black sheep like the SP120 RGB using a UCS1903 LED chip on four normal LEDs. It's a single-wire system like the WS2812, but the data information is incompatible.

And finally, every piece of hardware wants its own control software. Motherboard, keyboard, fans, etc, all want different things. Some (Like Aura) wanted to be "Standard", but unfortunately they ended up using inferior technology to start with the strip-addressable 12V system. Individually-addressable is pretty much a thing now, even though it took a while for fancier controllers to come along and they still lag behind custom controllers a bit. See the thread in Cooling http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=165029 for some of what the custom controllers can do.

I would be quite satisfied to have everything become standardized with WS2812 (APA102 would be spiffy, but overkill and over-cost) across everything and hardware controllers that were standard PC devices, but ah well.

Archived