Corsair Community

H100i v2 Pump rotation?

pa3131

I tried my H110i GT at both Quiet and Performance and as far as I could see, it made no discernable difference, so I run it on quiet which is probably less stressful and definitely quieter. My fans almost never go above 1000 rpm and my max temp is 60 degrees, running a 6600K at 4.4Ghz.

There is no specific recommendation from Corsair, other than to let Link handle the speeds as necessary. There is also no data available for mean time before failure differences between the two speeds. You can use common sense and infer the pump that makes less revolutions per minute in theory should last longer than the one turning 50% faster. However, I don't think you should approach it that way and if the pump were to fail, it won't be because you ran the Performance setting more often than someone else. It will be a flaw in the physical materials or construction and would have happened sooner or later. The warranty is not affected and you should use the pump as you see fit.

As for your specific needs, you really need a big watt CPU to build up the coolant temp from CPU waste heat alone. Chances are much of your coolant rise during gaming or other heavy programs will come from the rise in case ambient temperature, rather than CPU outflow. On a 4790K, the CPU will always be the limitation (in terms of core temp) and not the base coolant temperature. I don't think you will see any meaningful difference in performance if you leave it on Quiet pump mode all the time. However like always, you should experiment and see for yourself. Sometimes you get unique conditions that change the expected results.

Archived