Corsair Community

Im buying everything Corsair for my new rig....

But first hello!

I couldn't see a thread for introduce yourself so i just thought i would get that out the way first. :)

I need help with advice for a decent motherboard to put in my Corsair rig.

I was going to buy as Asus p8z68 pro v mb but i heard that there are a lot of problems with these boards as such and I'm not quite sure what to get.

I will tell you what im purchasing so you have a better idea and can form an opinion on hwats the best board for this set up.

Im getting yeah you guessed it a

-----------------------------------

Graphite white 600T case-------I'ts beautiful

Corsair Vengeance 1600 mhz lp Ram

Corsair H100

Corsair AX 850 PSU

Intel i5 2500k

West Dig 1TB Caviar Black

Asus Xonar DG 5.1 Sound Card

SATA 22x DVD Writer SAMSUNG SH-S222AB/BEBE

Windows 7 64 Bit

I think that's it really, i haven't decided on the monitor but that's neither here nor there so i haven't included it here.

Undecided until prices drop on either a 570 or 580 nvidia GPU.

I am going to get a SSD later on when i can afford it which is the reason why I wanted a Z68 board and was advised originally to get that pro v board,

Have the errors been cleared on that board or is it not as bad as the reviews I'm reading through google?

Help!! Noob in need !

There's not really any more problems than with any other newer chipset board. I've got the P8P67 Deluxe and even after all of the bios updates, intel recall, etc, I still think it is a great board and love it. I have several friends with the z68 board and they love it. My next test bench (in another couple of weeks) will have this board (unless I get that Sniper I've been drooling over...)

much better bang for the buck with a 2600k

/.02

What's the /.O2 bit mean?

Is the 2600k really that much better than an i5. I've heard i don't really need that chip for gaming.

This board is still ok then? No one really said yes or no and im still confused.

Im thinking if i dont overclock for a while too and leave it at stock for a while i dont need the H100 i could use something smaller like the 80 or even 60 or even go for air with the d14?

much better bang for the buck with a 2600k

/.02

I would have hoped you would have came back by now and answered my post as seen as you took time to comment in the first place.

Every single forum i have been on says that having an i7 over an i5 for gaming is not worth it and only people that do video editing as such will only gain from this.

Surley i dont have to have an i7 just because every one else has one?

I would have hoped you would have came back by now and answered my post as seen as you took time to comment in the first place.

Every single forum i have been on says that having an i7 over an i5 for gaming is not worth it and only people that do video editing as such will only gain from this.

Surley i dont have to have an i7 just because every one else has one?

I have an i5 and i7 and for gaming I cant tell the difference. I was questioning rather overclocking was worth it so I played around with them at factory settings for a while and couldn't tell the difference. I would save $100 and just go with the i5 and put the $100 toward and ivy bridge when they come out

I have an i5 and i7 and for gaming I cant tell the difference. I was questioning rather overclocking was worth it so I played around with them at factory settings for a while and couldn't tell the difference. I would save $100 and just go with the i5 and put the $100 toward and ivy bridge when they come out

Thankyou sir!

I was here before Corsair was, so nope, not an employee, don't get paid, don't do it to gain anything.

Bravo good sir. :D:

Thankyou sir!

You may/may not tell the difference in gaming but it also depends on the game, some are cpu heavy and even if the games you play today will be just fine with i5 the game you want to play tomorrow may not be, in my opinion when doing a new build try and future proof yourself a little bit, I notice a huge difference between my old Q9550 and i7 2600k.

Nice one matey! Nice to get a reply ;)

Another question, 4 or 8 gig ram? Im going to overclock eventually, well when i find a decent tutorial on overclocking the asus p8z68 v pro board anywayz and i will probbaly need another 4gb as i only have 1 4gb stick.

Should i grab another one?

Cheers again.

Only one 4 GB stick of LP Vengeance? It's always recommended to buy memory in kits to guarantee compatibility. Also, you're running your memory in single channel mode. A 2nd stick would both increase the speed that memory's accessed (assuming you run the 2 sticks in dual channel mode) as well as increase the amount of memory available to said system.

No i bought just 1 stick of 4GB Vengeance blue (not lp).

If i buy another 4 gig stick there shouldnt be any problem should they ? They are sold like that after all.

They are sold as kits (matched sets of 2, 3 or 4 sticks, for example) which guarantee that the memory modules you get are of the same model (same timings and voltages, and almost always same batch, even). If you buy sticks seperately, the model number may differ - even ONE revision can cause stability and compatibility issues.

It's not for certain that they won't work together. But neither is it guaranteed that they will.

Archived