Corsair Community

Cue software/profile causing mouse/keyboard lag/skipping

Hi.

Ive had my K70 RGB rapidfire for a couple months now

When i turn on my profile with colour effects (static white for WASD and rainbow effect for the rest) my computer will eventually 'lag'

When i say lag my keystrokes will intermittantly not register and my mouse will skip (not scroll smoothly)

If i turn on advanced mode in CUE software where no profile is setup all is ok again (or if i exist the software)

Im not sure if is the same as the USB issues people are having on this thread so i made a new thread just in case.

I'm having these problems as well.

For some reason, they only occur when I'm playing Rainbow Six Siege. Aiming is more or less impossible because the mouse will lag really bad or won't even move. It also seems to interfere with the registering of keystrokes. Let's say I press D for strafing right it will do so after 2 seconds?

I updated CUE 2 days ago and it started after the update.

When I close down CUE the problem seems to disappear.

For some reason, they only occur when I'm playing Rainbow Six Siege. Aiming is more or less impossible because the mouse will lag really bad or won't even move. It also seems to interfere with the registering of keystrokes. Let's say I press D for strafing right it will do so after 2 seconds?

Also make sure you are not using Precision XOC with the graph display open. This is the root cause for a lot of people.

For keyboards that have a physical switch, you have to toggle it manually on your keyboard. This is located next to your USB cable.

ok, so i have tried each of the polling rates and each have the same problem - as soon as i exit CUE the issue stops..

Suffice to say i think its the software causing the issue

• Corsair Employee

I don't always reply on the forums - if you need an immediate response, open a RMA ticket so you can talk to our technical team.

As for your diagnosis, quitting CUE means that the system will stop sending RGB data over USB to your devices. This doesn't indicate that CUE has an issue but rather your system may benefit the extra bandwidth being restored over USB because CUE isn't spamming it anymore. Update your hardware profile in your forum settings so the community and I can see what your system specs are to help you solve this problem.

• 1 month later...
You'll want to make sure the keyboard is connected to an Intel controlled USB port as well as the latest driver updates for the chipset and Windows is installed.

• Using Windows 10 64 bit which has its own USB 3.0 driver built-in and Intel doesn't make their own.
  • Latest chipset drivers are installed (10.1.1.42) for Intel 8 Series (Z87) motherboard.
  • Plugged into the Intel USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller. AIDA64 shows something interesting though - see attached screenshot.

Capture.PNG.ae737d6f183358c4ee9f72f2fe57dbca.PNG

Archived