Corsair Community

K95 Platinum RGB spacebar sound. Normal?

nikolairaptor

Hello Corsair Forum. I recently bought a K95 RGB Platinum with CMX Brown switches from a danish retailer and while i like the feel of the keyboard there is this annoying sound coming from the spacebar(duuuuuung). On the left side i just have to tap on it for it to make the sound and on the right i have to fully press it. Is this normal? I have attached a link so that you can hear it. [ame=
]
[/ame]

Hello Corsair Forum. I recently bought a K95 RGB Platinum with CMX Brown switches from a danish retailer and while i like the feel of the keyboard there is this annoying sound coming from the spacebar(duuuuuung). On the left side i just have to tap on it for it to make the sound and on the right i have to fully press it. Is this normal? I have attached a link so that you can hear it.

The spacebar on both k70 and k95 platinum are a little rattly, coming from my experience but i had the Speed Switches.

Here's a video i found that you can actually hear it.

[ame]

[/ame] 7:15 of the video you can hear the sound of the switches including the space bar.

Thanks for that but it's not really the rattling. It makes this duuung sound and it's not the springy ping sound. Tough to hear with phone/laptop speakers but pretty easy with headphones. Basically im being denied a replacement because this reseller is saying it is either normal or doesnt make any sound. But the thing is ive already had it replaced once and the first one didnt make this sound. So if someone from Corsair could confirm/deny this that would be really helpful. Or should i try to contact them elsewhere if this isnt the right place to do so? Thanks.

Thanks for that but it's not really the rattling. It makes this duuung sound and it's not the springy ping sound. Tough to hear with phone/laptop speakers but pretty easy with headphones. Basically im being denied a replacement because this reseller is saying it is either normal or doesnt make any sound. But the thing is ive already had it replaced once and the first one didnt make this sound. So if someone from Corsair could confirm/deny this that would be really helpful. Or should i try to contact them elsewhere if this isnt the right place to do so? Thanks.

Make an RMA with Corsair and see if they can replace it for you.

If corsair agrees the reseller can't say no.

Archived