Corsair Community

Cutting Fan Cable from H150 Pro

huzidada

Hey guys.

I was wondering if I can cut the cables off my H150i Pro pump? The one where you connect the fans to. I have a Commander pro and don't need them and they look terrible and disrupt my build. Also I have such thick heatsinks that I can't route it through there as I did previously.

What's the best way to cut it to make sure there's no issues like shorting etc

I also know this would potentially void my warranty but it's okay. I wish corsair did something about this terrible design as cable management is key and anyone willing to pay for an AIO like this can also buy a simple fan controller surely!??

either way you will need to isolate the cables from each other and the unit its self. everything but the Sata power cable Right?. a man gotta do what a man gotta do eh...

To add.. if your going to cut it.. deffo voiding warranty.. so may as well take it apart and cut them/unsolder internally?

Hi bud.

Nah I've had much more luck with my own fan curve to be totally honest with you.

Irrespective of what's the best operation can I cut it without it causing any problems?

Uh ... you know that the cooler will do your own fan curve, right? Even if it's attached to the cooler?

either way you will need to isolate the cables from each other and the unit its self. everything but the Sata power cable Right?. a man gotta do what a man gotta do eh...

To add.. if your going to cut it.. deffo voiding warranty.. so may as well take it apart and cut them/unsolder internally?

Dude for sure... They suck. They look terrible. Who wants to see a bunch of cables of the center of their mobo. It's disgusting especially when u take your time to clean build. Yeah I managed to make a plan to route the header for the mobo decently it's just I wish we had the option to remove them if they are not needed. But I've decided to use a little ingenuity and send the cables up and behind the mobo for a much cleaner look

Uh ... you know that the cooler will do your own fan curve, right? Even if it's attached to the cooler?

Excuse me but the sentence seemed all over the place. And you do know that I can adjust each individual fan exactly how I want it with the commander pro and be more happy with my results???

https://ibb.co/B4w8Lqs

https://ibb.co/3002t05

I mean how would you feel about these??? Pretty ugly right just having all this stuff dangling about. And to be honest the cooler is amazing on my 9700K. In fact I've owned almost all gems of Corsair AIO. Some innovation needs to go on man. Same goes for the LL fans. The best bloody fans on the market with the best software in my opinion but God is the need of 2 control boxes and separate cable necessary!? And the length of the cables are less than easy for a comfy setup. I should have the right to mount it where I want and not have a mess of cables that are a bit on the shorter side dictate that to me

Excuse me but the sentence seemed all over the place. And you do know that I can adjust each individual fan exactly how I want it with the commander pro and be more happy with my results???

You have the exact same functionality with the cooler. Oh ... and bonus ... it runs from the cooler and you can save the curve to the cooler's hardware.

But hey ... whatever floats your boat. So go cut your wires. Have fun with that.

You have the exact same functionality with the cooler. Oh ... and bonus ... it runs from the cooler and you can save the curve to the cooler's hardware.

But hey ... whatever floats your boat. So go cut your wires. Have fun with that.

Yo, I dont think you understand what Im looking at achieving as I achieve the exact same thing you mention with the commander and ICUE so your point is just ridiculous and doesnt make any sense to me but thank you non the less for chiming in

yeah Maybe up then over and down the back of the motherboard?. i get what you are saying dude... if you can avoid cutting it i would......

Thanks dude ..I mean I understand its needed for some as well..Did the tuck behind mobo and not too bad at all.. but I might do the cut for super clean looks.

Archived