Corsair Community

TX750 - PC occasionally crashes/fails to power on

Arkhitecton

Hello,

I may have a problem with my TX750. My computer seems to randomly lose power, the monitor will lose the signal and the power light on the tower turns orange. This has happend playing games, browsing internet, even just sitting on the desktop.

The worse part is the computer has a hard time turning back on. I'll hit the power button, the lights and fans will kick on for a second or two, then everything dies. This will just repeat on it's own 'til I hit the PSU's switch or just unplug it. Eventually it will power on and I've had some success unplugging everything from the PSU, then back in and the computer will power on.

I've owned the PSU since December 2010, it is the most recent hardware change and I've had zero problems until this began a couple weeks ago. Even now, most of the time everything is fine, it's just occasionally this happens. Tried the paperclip test for the heck of it, passed. Just did a reformat and reinstall of Windows this past weekend, guess I was hoping some program I couldn't find was causing this. It wasn't that, still have the same issue.

I'm just real confused about the computer working perfectly fine 95% time then all of the sudden I can't even get it to turn on. Any chance this is indeed a problem with the PSU? Unfortunetely I don't have another to test.

Thanks much for any help.

• Corsair Employee

Well this could be a MB issue but if possible I would try and test the PSU on another system or test this system with another PSU.

If you do find its the PSU then please use the link on the left and request an RMA and we can replace it.

Thanks for the reply. I talked to a friend of mine, says he has an PSU I can borrow. So I will try swapping them. In the mean time I have some news...

These power downs have been happening much more frequently. Used to be once every couple days. It has happened atleast 5 times just today.

However, the computer isn't having any trouble coming back on. I hit the power button and it boots right up.

I also got an error message besides that generic windows was shut down unexpectedly message. It was - "Windows has encountered a problem communicating with a device connected to the computer" "Info: An unexpected I/O error has occured"

Maybe it isn't the PSU at all? I'm going to try removing/swapping hardware besides the PSU one at a time.

• 7 months later...
  • Corsair Employee
Please use the link on the left and request an RMA and let me know the case number so I can have the PSU brought here to be tested. If you do not have the ability to test the system with another PSU or test that PSU in another system.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived