Corsair Community

Arock K8S8X and TwinX 1024-3200C2 - No go?

TheRealRalf

Hi Everybody out there.

I've just bought these pair of matched memory. When I start up with AUTO-memory-settings or manually select PC400 the machine won't start my winxp , but is continously rebooting. When running @333 everything's just fine.

I've read a suggestion about rising the vdimm but the bios (v.1.9) doesn't support vdimm-adjusting at all.

Does anybody have a hint how to solve this or am I stuck? :-(

Any reply appreciated.

Have a good time,

Ralf :-)

• Corsair Employee
Please test the modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org and lets make sure one is not failing. But from looking at the manual there is not much info about its spec. However the other MB we have seen that only have 2 slots will only support DDR400 with one double sided or 2 single sided moduled other wise DDR333 would be suggested. But please test the modules one up too be sure!

Inserted the rams one by one and both run the tests successfully.

Inserted both together, run memtest and that worked too!

But everytime I start into windows the machine starts rebooting...

Any idea?

Please test the modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org and lets make sure one is not failing. But from looking at the manual there is not much info about its spec. However the other MB we have seen that only have 2 slots will only support DDR400 with one double sided or 2 single sided moduled other wise DDR333 would be suggested. But please test the modules one up too be sure!

Thought I've had no STOP but while double-checking my WinXP-STOP-Error-handling it was set to reboot :-)

So, this is what I got after disabling it (I just give the technical terms because I'm running a system in german):

"STOP c000021a ... Logon Process... Status 0x0000005 (0x00000000, 0x0000000)"

Because I forgot them earlier here are the detailed memory settings and BIOS-options:

Memory Clock 200MHz

Bank Interleave auto disabled

Burst-length 4 8 beats

CAS Latency auto 2 3 2.5 (tried it also on 2.5 but doesn't work neither)

TRCD auto 2 3 4 5 6

TRAS auto 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

TRP auto 2 3 4 5 6

MA-Timing 1T 2T

Will this help in diagnosing?

When it re-starts, do you get any type of stop error message?

Hi,

tried these settings and also 3.0, 3, 3, 8 but get an

"pagefault in an nonpaged area [...] STOP: 0x00000050 (0xE00359E4, 0x00000000, 0x805eca70, 0x00000000)"

Only difference was, that I actually was able to logon for about 30secs ;-)

Sooo, any idea, what to try next?

Thanks alot for your suggestions. I appreciate your help really much.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived