Corsair Community

Sorry

Oceanhawk

Sorry to say but this new version of Cue2 is beyond horrible. All I want to do is have my static colors back. I made the mistake of loading Far Cry 5 and now my keyboard looks like an American flag. I have spent 45 minutes trying to figure out how to get back to where I was. I had a saved cue file I have used forever to keep my keyboard the way I want it but now that is apparently "incompatible." For God's sake please go back and make your software usable by normal humans. I am going to shelf this keyboard and buy one that doesn't require a Ph.D. to setup. You guys really need to learn better software design.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Problem is that nothing I do gets my settings back. Had I known that Fry Cry was going to take over my keyboard wouldn't you think I would have turned it off? Honestly, devs should not turn something so stupid on by default. My issue now is I can't figure out this silly non-user friendly interface. I can't even begin to fathom why a dev needs to make it so complicated to change certain keys to a solid color. There aren't even any decent tutorials online to show you how with this new interface. Corsairs videos are trash.

Changing my review on Amazon to reflect the silly new interface. Try to steer others away from Corsair until they learn to make proper software.

could have just switched off icue lighting in Farcry 5 settings dude

Thanks for that snide comment. Totally expected.

Not meant to be snide.. just stating the fact you could disable it dude, as did the guy under me... good luck on your quest buddy hope you get sorted

• Corsair Employee

We set the SDK lighting to be on by default so the majority of users can enjoy the integration without having to do any work. If the SDK effects are not to your liking, all you have to do is go into Settings and uncheck the "Enable SDK" box.

Unfortunately we cannot predict what people like or dislike, and since the majority of users appreciate the SDK, we enabled it by default. This type of behavior (of enabling defaults and providing a user to disable them if they do not like it) is consistent with any other software. I also apologize if you feel you need a Ph.D to learn our software, and recommend that if you are confused, stuck, frustrated, just click the main banner on the homepage and watch any of the videos we've provided to help you with most of the basic functions of iCUE.

In case you don't know where that is, here is a direct link:

Archived