Corsair Community

Cue

William Ip

Assuming Corsair has dedicated persons to monitor this forum, in the previous weeks, I think there are already sufficient samples to show the problems of the CUE and the firmware update issues. Some related to Win 10, some related to the update sequence of the firmware and CUE version, some caused by user mistakes, and most related to CUE's latest version.

If Corsair has the plan to make CUE as the core engine for all the RGB devices, obviously the current status does not look good. May be u are trying to put too many eggs into one risky basket. Like myself, I've got 2 M65s, 1 K70 , both are rgb version, have a plan to get one more Strafe RGB when available, and may be a Scimitar too. These are all bounded with the CUE, without it, my Corsair gears are all useless.

With the release of v1.8.120, a lots of user complains raised, and then came v1.8.122, but no luck for the majorities as there is only a small patch for the head phones which I don't care much, and the problems with v1.8.120 kept spreading out, no fix available. And now the most popular CUE version is still v1.7.106.

One major concern I have with Corsair is, I don't quite understand the meaning of "update". By default, CUE prompts users for updates whenever new version is available which assumes the users will accept it right away. With the CUE version v1.7.106, users with keyboard and mouse can have free control of the profiles with links for both devices. Then v1.8.120 cut the links and the mice only got those silly options left on the menu (frankly the software design for this part was terrible and below professional standard). This also violated the so called "update" process concept. For example, when u do an update on the MS Windows 8.1 and end up u got the Windows 98 in return, what do u think ?? This kind of basis principle is known in the software industry for many years and I don't see the reason why Corsair can break it so easily.

So please think again, actually CUE v3.0 should be ready for installation long time ago although the performance has to be further tested (unfortunately by the users) for confirmation.

All CUE builds are tested by the beta testing team before they are released. Any window 10 issues will be fixed by the next 1.9.XX update. Also we are at least a year away from 3.X.XX.

Also Corsair James does monitor the forums and most people dont have an issue with the 1.8.122. The ones that post here will of course have an issue or why else would they post.

This is no joke, I am looking for the availability of CUE v3.0.0. In terms of software reliability and compatibility, the current version is not usable to the customers. With the low response time from the Corsair software team, version 1.9 will not fulfill the needs as Corsair has added a list of new RGB devices in the market. That means the CUE engine will have to support more devices with different features and functions. When u are thinking big then I assume the CUE will functioning great. So version 1.9 is no longer my expectation, and version 3.0.0 is just the beginning, I am just wait and see for the time being.

Just take a look of the piece of software, version 3.0.0 is an indication that Corsair is already outdate of at least 1 development version. With the current pace, I won't be interested to test the software for Corsair anymore. My story is, I updated to v1.8.120 and fall back to v1.7.106 within a day as the mouse link is dead in the new version. Also, I keep seeing the half screen of the KB and Mouse pages on the new CUE which has no fix in v1.8.122. I have never touched firmware v1.3 due to lots of complains shown on this forum for system hung up issues. I.e. I am still in v1.7.106 with firmware v1.2 running.

If anyone saying that people are happy with v1.8.122 and fw v1.3, say it loud again in the public and let's see the response then.

• Administrators
I just want to highlight that the passage I have recently posted captioned as " CUE v3.0.0" had been somehow modified to " CUE " by somebody. Just wondering if this is a taboo on this forum or is this an offensive term to everybody ??

Simple - there's no such thing as CUE v3.0.0, but if you post that as a thread title, eventually it'll lead to people thinking that it exists.

Well, the caption is yes and no.

On top of those Corsair gears I have already owned, there are Asus gears connected with my Rigs too. But so far I don't have any problem when connecting and installing related software for these Asus items. As a customer and user, getting a new gear should only focus on using the device as tools, and not testing the software and spending all the time for troubleshooting with it. The software testing is the task of the software originators. If once the software is released to the public when lots of echo return, that means there are software QC issues and this is also the task of the software originators to fix it. What I see now Corsair is trying to put too many eggs into one risky basket. End up u may not be able to fulfill needs of anybody as the CUE is to big to handle.

The reason I raised the topic of CUE version 3.0.0 actually is a hint to Corsair that it is time to review that is it the right direction for u to set the goal for one very big CUE to handle all devices, or alternatively each device has dedicated software engine with timely support to the customers.

Furthermore, it is the first time I've come across that a simple CUE update will end up cutoff the user features that already available in the previous version, to me this is unthinkable and also unacceptable. As before the update process, no warning was issued to the user that what will happened afterward that will affect the users normal life and expectation.

To wrap up a bit on my experience with Corsair Gaming. I am (and was) a new comer who owns Corsair's KB (K70) and Mice (2 M65) both RGB version for a month. The hardware workmanship is good that I have decided to give it a try. But afterward I realized that I have missed one important info is the software engine - CUE.

I have done the firmware and software updates several times and fall back to the previous version within a day. The reasons I won't bother to mention again.

By joining this forum, it is good to see the feedback from the majorities and end up I have got a rough picture of the CUE nature and quality. One thing is very important that the software won't walk by itself, and people who developed it doing all the tasks, no matter good or bad. Even nowadays, the hardware gears from Corsair seems ok to me, but the software side is another story.

I am not sure whether due to age or because of knowledge outdated, but the way that Corsair handling the so called " software update " is unthinkable to me even with 25 years of IT working experience in the field. To save some typing, I love the hardware quality of the products from Corsair, unfortunately the software engines behind is another issue. May be this is my fault as I have already warned by lot of product reviewers on the software limitation of Corsair products and now I see the point. This turns my decision on further purchase from Corsair as good gears with dead software equal to rubbish and the rubbish is quite expensive too. As the official staff told me that CUE version 3.0.0 does not exist and I should not even bother to mention it. And my last word is, CUE version 3.0.0 may be the last hope for the people who still heads for Corsair Gaming products, but I have decided to leave and getting something worth to invest.

Regards,

• Administrators

Threads have been merged.

As the official staff told me that CUE version 3.0.0 does not exist and I should not even bother to mention it. And my last word is, CUE version 3.0.0 may be the last hope for the people who still heads for Corsair Gaming products, but I have decided to leave and getting something worth to invest.
Let's be clear - Yes, I said that there's no such thing as CUE v3.0.0, but I didn't say that you shouldn't critique CUE in general. Yes, I understand that you're trying to make a point, but bringing up fake version numbers only leads to confusion and people calling in or creating tickets asking for this "new version" and wanting to know what's changed / updated in it - when it doesn't actually exist. It helps no one.

If you'd like to discuss features / bugs that you feel should come in future releases of CUE, or your satisfaction /dissatisfaction with existing versions of CUE, that's fine.

Archived