Corsair Community

icue commander pro and ek vardar

yianni

i have 4 ek vardars 120er connected to my commander pro and trying to use icue to control them, but it doesnt seem right at all, when i set it at a curve by temperature the fans are always changing speeds , after 60 degrees i have the curve to 1500rpms, but the fans keep changing speeds when they shouldnt because my cpu during stress is greater than 60. even when i put a fixed rpm of 1500 theyre constantly changing

am i missing something?

i have 4 ek vardars 120er connected to my commander pro and trying to use icue to control them, but it doesnt seem right at all, when i set it at a curve by temperature the fans are always changing speeds , after 60 degrees i have the curve to 1500rpms, but the fans keep changing speeds when they shouldnt because my cpu during stress is greater than 60. even when i put a fixed rpm of 1500 theyre constantly changing

am i missing something?

The iciest software does not work with wk vardar fans I had same problem bought Corsair fans and problem disappeared. I guess from what I read there’s no real standard persay on how pwm is implemented so it could be that the fans use a slightly different method causing the issues but I had same problem til I switched to Corsair fans

That's pretty crappy considering that all it does is control fans. I guess I don't understand the difficulty in it . There are no fans that corsair offers that appeal to me

I can say that the ml series vs the ll would work fine on a radiator that have more static pressure and more cfm I may change a few of my ll over to those.

I can say that the ml series vs the ll would work fine on a radiator that have more static pressure and more cfm I may change a few of my ll over to those.

This is a brand-new build, I don't know if I want to spend another hundred dollars on fans unless newegg takes back the vardars

That's pretty crappy considering that all it does is control fans. I guess I don't understand the difficulty in it . There are no fans that corsair offers that appeal to me

TBH, I don't understand it either. But CoPro has difficulties with both the Noctua fans and now the Vardar fans. I've not had issues with other brands that I've used (personally ... Phanteks, CM, TT, and Rosewill) but many folks have reported issues with these. I don't know if its something with the fan motor or something with the Commander Pro. It does make me wonder if Noctua and EK are using the same OEM for the fans tho.

TBH, I don't understand it either. But CoPro has difficulties with both the Noctua fans and now the Vardar fans. I've not had issues with other brands that I've used (personally ... Phanteks, CM, TT, and Rosewill) but many folks have reported issues with these. I don't know if its something with the fan motor or something with the Commander Pro. It does make me wonder if Noctua and EK are using the same OEM for the fans tho.

I'd get the MLs but i dont see any of them with sleeved cables, at least EK has them pre sleeved.

Even though many like EK in the water cooling community, it seem that most stay away from their fans. They tend to be extremely unreliable. I spent way to much time looking at fans and after seeing to many complaints from various people regarding reliability, I decided not to buy any of their fans.

• 4 weeks later...

I noticed the same issue when I first hooked up my Vardars to the CLCP to control them in iCUE.

I believe the issue is down to how the fans are reporting their rpm, as it's showing completely irrational values at anything below 100% PWM signal. (I'm fairly sure they are not running at 23,000 rpm ;) or -4,000 rpm :o)

I had to force the channel they're on into PWM mode, since the automatic sensing seems to be confused by these fans, to get any kind of control. They respond quite happily to a fixed PWM signal, however, so can just ignore the ridiculous rpm reading.

I've always liked the direct rpm control that Corsair Link and iCUE offer when using the Commander Pro. I much prefer it to working with percentages when building a fan curve. Thankfully, the way my build is now, I have more than enough cooling performance with little enough noise that I don't need to bother with a curve.

Archived