Corsair Community

H100i v2 Bracket problem and Corsair Brazil bad service

joaobruno

Hello, my name is João Bruno, I live in Brazil.

Sorry for my English, I will report my disappointment with the Corsair H100i v2.

I had an H100i for a while but the same gave problem and I sent to Corsair Brazil in which it took 10 days to make the exchange of it.

I received a H100i V2 a more current model but I can not take the bracket intel and put AMD, simply do not want to leave, I tried to follow several tutorials on the internet and I can not solve my problem.

Corsair Brasil is very bad service, there is a telephone and only a ticket system in which I have not been answered for 24 hours.

I tried a service through Corsair International but they have no attendants who speak my language (Portuguese).

I am almost 1 month without my computer and a big deal.

Note: I tried to follow all the tutorials of the internet and I still did not succeed

You're having an issue replacing the bracket on the H100i V2 with the Intel bracket? The one that's mounted on the cooler, right?

Here's what you do. Hold the pump unit in front of you with the copper cold plate facing up. Using your other hand, push down gently on the silver bracket. You should see it move a little. Then turn the bracket and remove it.

A lot of the tutorials/videos I've seen neglect to mention pushing the bracket. That's what disengages it from the pump unit and lets you take it off.

Good evening,

I come to update my case:

After sending a message to Corsair and waiting 6 days and no one will answer me.

I called a friend at home and I told him "we'll sort this out now or throw it in the trash."

My friend made a brutal force and managed to unlock the bracket even after we put the same bracket and now we managed to remove only with 2 fingers.

Before it was "glued" after the brute force I can remove and put with just 2 fingers.

My biggest discontent is with Corsair Brazil that by the time I'm writing this (6 days) has not yet answered me, if I were to wait they would be very bad.

Thank you for your commitment to solve my problem.

I am also having the same problem, and it's shocking that I should have to be trying, without success, to apply so much force. The reply saying about gently pushing down is tantamount to a troll imo. I'm sure the op had tried all sorts of approaches, including following the instructions, as I have.

To me this reeks of poor product design and not serving AMD customers adequately. Why not send it with both brackets out, then you can choose which to put in? Corsair, please rethink poor design, as this one thing is detracting from, what I am sure, is probably a really good product

I am also having the same problem, and it's shocking that I should have to be trying, without success, to apply so much force. The reply saying about gently pushing down is tantamount to a troll imo. I'm sure the op had tried all sorts of approaches, including following the instructions, as I have.

To me this reeks of poor product design and not serving AMD customers adequately. Why not send it with both brackets out, then you can choose which to put in? Corsair, please rethink poor design, as this one thing is detracting from, what I am sure, is probably a really good product

Actually, I think Corsair has heard this loud and clear. With the new coolers (the PRO series), it is dirt simple to take the bracket off. Unfortunately, it's probably too late, at this stage, to change this on the prior generation of coolers.

Archived