Corsair Community

One fan on my Commander Pro is going nuts! Help?

donalgodon

I have two input fans (Noctua 140mm fans) connected to separate ports (not using a splitter) and for the past few days, one of the two fans has been stuck at max RPM when set to 4-PIN (it's a 4-Pin PWM fan) and I noticed that if I changed the setting config to "auto" for that port, it works normally.

Is there something wrong with my Commander Pro? It was working fine for a couple of weeks manually (correctly) configured.

I'm using a combination of 3 and 4 pin fans (and have them set correctly).

It's only this one fan that seems to need "auto" to work correctly.

Anybody have any advice?

What happens if you set it manually to 3-pin/DC mode?

It sounds like the Noctua fan may not be responding to the PWM signal properly. Most PWM fans (with the exception of the Corsair ML fans) will work in either mode ... but PWM gives you better control and a wider range of control.

What happens if you set it manually to 3-pin/DC mode?

It sounds like the Noctua fan may not be responding to the PWM signal properly. Most PWM fans (with the exception of the Corsair ML fans) will work in either mode ... but PWM gives you better control and a wider range of control.

If I recall, it didn't work either. I also tried to use "Auto" the fan will work for a while, then stop (0 RPM).

I ended up putting it on a splitter and moving it to another header on the Commander Pro and it's solid so far. (Left the misbehaving fan on the dummy 3-Pin of the splitter)>

Do you think one of the fan headers on my Corsair Pro is malfunctioning?

If I recall, it didn't work either. I also tried to use "Auto" the fan will work for a while, then stop (0 RPM).

I ended up putting it on a splitter and moving it to another header on the Commander Pro and it's solid so far. (Left the misbehaving fan on the dummy 3-Pin of the splitter)>

Do you think one of the fan headers on my Corsair Pro is malfunctioning?

That's certainly one possible conclusion. The way to test it would be to plug in a fan that's behaving properly and see if it exhibits the same behavior. If it does, then it's the fan header. If not, then it's the fan.

Archived