Corsair Community

BSOD issue

Fobia

Ok guys i have .

evga 590 sli

evga 8800gts

corsair 4gbs pc2 6400 cm2x1024x-6400

my problem is.. i rmaed 2gs of ram cause it was bad and causing BSOD. but now there back after like 6 weeks with the new ram installed. and my system was running stable prior with the ohter 2 gs of the same memory, each running dual channel

i am getting Realtek audio errors

Page_fault_in_non pagged area

0x00000050 (0x8B56105D, 0x00000001, 0x805EF500, 0x00000000)

and all of them say "Physical memory dropped" or w/e it says

weird thing is.. i can actually stay stable for hours if i try a few times.. but it just takes like 1-3 tries for it to be the lucky one and stay up for hours.. otherwise it crashes right away.

if you guys need anymore info let me know. thanks!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
With 4 modules I would suggest setting the memory frequency at DDR667 and set the memory Voltage to 2.0 Volts and see if that does not solve that.

how do i do that ram guy. dont i have to OC my CPU then. to 3.2ghz

You do not need to overclock your CPU.

Enter your BIOS and set:

Dram Voltage: 2.1V

Memory Timing

FSB - Memory Clock Mode: Unlinked

DDR FSB: 667

tCL: 5

tRCD: 5

tRP: 5

tRAS: 15

Advanced Memory Settings

tRRD: Auto

tRC: Auto

tWR: Auto

tWTR: Auto

tREF: Auto

Async Latency: Auto

CMD: 2T

You do not need to overclock your CPU.

Enter your BIOS and set:

Dram Voltage: 2.1V

Memory Timing

FSB - Memory Clock Mode: Unlinked

DDR FSB: 667

tCL: 5

tRCD: 5

tRP: 5

tRAS: 15

Advanced Memory Settings

tRRD: Auto

tRC: Auto

tWR: Auto

tWTR: Auto

tREF: Auto

Async Latency: Auto

CMD: 2T

set to 667 @ 2.0volts we'll see what happends

isnt my ram ddr 400

Your DRAM is actually DDR2 800Mhz but your CPU can't accept that kind of speed so the DRAM must be dropped lower (667Mhz) to run with the CPU.

Tras at 18 is fine.

set to 667 @ 2.0volts we'll see what happends

Let us know how it works out :)

Your DRAM is actually DDR2 800Mhz but your CPU can't accept that kind of speed so the DRAM must be dropped lower (667Mhz) to run with the CPU.

Tras at 18 is fine.

Let us know how it works out :)

ok well. all my start up have been fine. but today when i let it idol at the login screen after i turned it on.. then i got sidetracked for 2-3 hours and i came back and the BSOD was up :bigeyes:

What are the exact settings you have set for CPU and memory?

And have you tested the modules one at a time at the tested settings?

well that brings me to my question. were can i find a memtest that is bootable from flash .. cause my mobo supports it.

and can i just put it on the flash drive *drag and drop* and then boot from it.. obviously having nothing else on the flash drive.

http://picasaweb.google.com/FoBiA3538/CarPics/photo#5098421507669880050

What are the exact settings you have set for CPU and memory?

And have you tested the modules one at a time at the tested settings?

well that brings me to my question. were can i find a memtest that is bootable from flash .. cause my mobo supports it.

and can i just put it on the flash drive *drag and drop* and then boot from it.. obviously having nothing else on the flash drive.

http://picasaweb.google.com/FoBiA3538/CarPics/photo#5098421507669880050

Yeah if you download the image from their site you can burn it onto a CD, uses like 200kb on a 700MB disc lol. I did that.

well i burned threw 3 disks.. they dont boot when i dl the ISO.. when i burn to image.. using nero.. (version is old).. i tried downloading alcohol 120... but when i do the shareware.. it says my time is up... and i've never used it.

is there any software i can use so i can burn an image.. that will actually boot up

Yeah if you download the image from their site you can burn it onto a CD, uses like 200kb on a 700MB disc lol. I did that.

well i burned threw 3 disks.. they dont boot when i dl the ISO.. when i burn to image.. using nero.. (version is old).. i tried downloading alcohol 120... but when i do the shareware.. it says my time is up... and i've never used it.

is there any software i can use so i can burn an image.. that will actually boot up

Archived