Corsair Community

Any .stl Files Available?

projectaumaan

I have a K70 RGB, and after seeing another Corsair board with a white backing that brings out the lighting more, got interested in possibly 3D printing a backplate.

Is there anyone out there who might have these files, or can Corsair possibly provide either files or measurements with clearances so I can create one? I feel that as long as I keep it ~0.5-1.0mm high it shouldn't interfere with the functionality at all.

I tried a quick search before posting and didn't see anything really, so my apologies if this has been asked before.

Thanks in advance!

Check out my K95 RGB keyboard cover mod (link in sig). That's what you saw, right? If you have 3D modeling software you should be able to use the files I've made :) I wouldn't reccomend 3D printing it because I've not tried the files with a 3D printer yet.

Edit: maximum height between the plate and a depressed key is 1/16" so ~~ 1.5 mm to work with

Awesome! Grabbed the files and put them in my Dropbox. I'll see what I'm working with when I get home tonight.

I've got a friend who can 3D print stuff pretty easy - worst case scenario I'm out a couple dollars. Otherwise I'll just file areas down if they need it.

Thanks again for the quick response!

Archived