Corsair Community

CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9 and Sabertooth 990FX Mobo

cpowell89

Hi there.

I'm having trouble figuring out the exact settings to get my RAM to work at 1600mhz with my new board. I see that it has an XMP profile with all of the settings but I can't figure out which ones correspond to which setting on the board BIOS.

I'm a bit of a memory dunce to be honest! My last few attempts to change the settings ended in BSODS ;):

If some one could talk me through what numbers I have to put into my boards BIOS settings that would be great.

If you need a screenshot of the settings menu in the bios I can provide that.

Edit: Ram is a 16gb dual channel kit (4x4gb)

Thanks.

• Corsair Employee
I would check for the latest MB BIOS then load setup defaults and set the memory frequency manually to DDR1600 and set the timings that are printed on the modules IE Cas 9-9-9-24 2T Command Rate and I would set the memory Voltage to 1.65 Volts then disable legacy USB and test the system with http://www.memtest.org

Should I leave all of the other settings alone? The motherboard settings have all these extra options to change which you can see in the screenshot?

Also I thought the RAM was designed to run at just 1.5V?

I'd just want to know what the settings would be for each of those boxes.

NOTE - those aren't my settings, it's just a screenshot from google to show you what the bios looks like :)

100111_BiosTimings.png.993d2d667d11ce62163084b64572064c.png

Yes, leave all other settings on auto.

Also I thought the RAM was designed to run at just 1.5V?

Depending on the system , they may require more voltage. AMD's in general do require more than an Intel system.

To add to this, people who overclok their memory often have to add more voltage to gain stability. They will take up to 2.0v before you would void the warranty.

Archived