Corsair Community

Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600mhz 8gbkit XMP question

Wulff

Hi there ,

I just bought a new clevo based notebook and flashed the bios to a custom bios to allow me to acces the memory settings but when i tried setting it to XMP profile 2 the notebook wouldnt boot up anymore, i fixed that problem again here, but could anyone explain to me how this works then for example what timings i can use and how much the mhz can be, i read that ppl set it to 1866 or even 2133?? can these modules handle that without breaking them and without the system failing at bootup vcase it took me quite a whileto get it going again after the XMP profile failed here. Any help would be appreciated

Notebook is a clevo w150er has a i7 3610Qm, 8gb rm, hm76 chipset

Regards and thanx in advance

• Corsair Employee

If the system would not post at XMP settings I would just leave the defaults set. Chances are the CPU you have will just not over clock that high.

But you can search for how to over clock your CPU to DDR1600 or what ever and find the approximate settings to try, if you like but normally with Notebook's these settings are not all available. If you want to over clock I would suggest using a desktop MB made for over clocking. And I am sorry we can only support the tested settings that are listed on the modules

I did use a custom bios flash settings then i can acces all the ram timings there are available, and can also select xmp profile 1 and xmp profile 2.

http://biosmods.wordpress.com/w150er/

thats the bios i can use, Could you provide me with some updated ram timings perhaps or do you still recommend i shouldnt touch any of those settings cause it will cause boot failure again? If thats the case would i perhaps benefit to upgrade to the 1866mhz kit instead of the 1600mhz i have installed atm

Thanx for any advice in advance.

Regards: Wulff

Archived