Corsair Community

A small annoying noise on 15 minutes new hs1 headset

jonte95

Hi, I got my corsair HS1 USB headset like 15 minutes ago, and like 5 minutes after plugging it in, installing drivers I hear a weak annoying constant noise which stops when muting the sound, I don't even have so loud volume, I have like 20% in volume. Also I've been hearing small crackling sounds sometimes in the songs, nothing that really bothers me so much but if it gets worse then I'm starting to get disappointed, though if getting a new headset in replacement (same HS1, ofcourse), wouldn't be bad. Is there anything I can do?

I'm using 4.0 Sound in the HS1 controlpanel combined with 7.1 Virtual sound in DSP, and Dolby Headphone mode. For your information, this didn't happen after I changed that in the drivers, it happened just suddenly like 5 mins after plugging it, not touching the controlpanel or using too loud volume.

I've tried reinstalling the drivers, the problem still remains.

Other than this the headset is AWESOME it feels just like the sound would be coming from a speakers system. Comfortablity and good sound and bass too, though I haven't had any other headsets before this except from creative fatal1ty, ofcourse HS1 is better by far.

Update: Well now when I turned on skype while having spotify running, the sound just went of completely and I can't fix it, got a spotify error saying "There's a problem with your soundcard". I use the corsair HS1 headset as primary sound unit in the control panel. It just gets fixed when restarting the computer, which I don't want to do every time this happens.

Update: Suddenly in a song the music got freezed for like 1sec with a weak crackling sound.

Update: Now again when receiving a skype call, this time without music simulteinously running, the sound goes off. Will I have to restart computer every time this happens? Cuz that woukd suck.

• Corsair Employee
If you go into the BIOS under Advanced > USB Configuration check to see what the USB 2.0 Controller Mode is set to. Try setting this to HiSpeed (480Mbps) and let us know if you still have problems.

The Corsair drivers cause the squealing and crackling (I have both problems). Two members found that if they installed an add-in PCI USB 2.0 or 3.0 controller card, the squealing and crackling went away completely. I haven't personally tried using an add-in card because I'm waiting for a driver update.

I found that turning on monitoring fixed the the crackling:

http://i54.tinypic.com/11si6wy.png

However, you'll need turn your mic all the way down because of the db boost.

The Corsair drivers cause the squealing and crackling (I have both problems). Two members found that if they installed an add-in PCI USB 2.0 or 3.0 controller card, the squealing and crackling went away completely. I haven't personally tried using an add-in card because I'm waiting for a driver update.

I found that turning on monitoring fixed the the crackling:

http://i54.tinypic.com/11si6wy.png

However, you'll need turn your mic all the way down because of the db boost.

Well, if I speak to some1 then they wont hear me cuz thats like the microphone is off.

If you go into the BIOS under Advanced > USB Configuration check to see what the USB 2.0 Controller Mode is set to. Try setting this to HiSpeed (480Mbps) and let us know if you still have problems.

I'll check.. well now when I turned on skype while having spotify running, the sound just went of completely and I can't fix it, got a spotify error saying "There's a problem with your soundcard". I use the corsair HS1 headset as primary sound unit in the control panel.

Update: Checked BIOS and it was rightly configured, just the option you said, it was already set on that. But I still don't understand why the sound went off when starting skype and getting a message telling me theres a problem with my soundcard :S Also, whats the best mode for listening to music.. is it 7.1 mode on the top of the page on "main options"? Cuz I've 4.0 right now cuz im not sure if it can handle 7.1

Update: Suddenly in a song the music got freezed for like 1sec with a weak crackling sound.

Update: Now again when receiving a skype call, this time without music simulteinously running, the sound goes off. Will I have to restart computer every time this happens? Cuz that woukd suck.

Well, if I speak to some1 then they wont hear me cuz thats like the microphone is off.

I'll check.. well now when I turned on skype while having spotify running, the sound just went of completely and I can't fix it, got a spotify error saying "There's a problem with your soundcard". I use the corsair HS1 headset as primary sound unit in the control panel.

Update: Checked BIOS and it was rightly configured, just the option you said, it was already set on that. But I still don't understand why the sound went off when starting skype and getting a message telling me theres a problem with my soundcard :S Also, whats the best mode for listening to music.. is it 7.1 mode on the top of the page on "main options"? Cuz I've 4.0 right now cuz im not sure if it can handle 7.1

Stereo and then you enable "Dolby Headphone" and if you wish "Virtual Surround".

7.1 is mainly for games and movies.

But Spotify / Skype should have no interference with eachother, neither should they impact the soundcard in the headsets cable.

Have you tried the headset in a different computer?

Stereo and then you enable "Dolby Headphone" and if you wish "Virtual Surround".

7.1 is mainly for games and movies.

But Spotify / Skype should have no interference with eachother, neither should they impact the soundcard in the headsets cable.

Have you tried the headset in a different computer?

No I haven't tried that, this is the best computer in the house, check my system specs, theres no way my CPU would cause problms for this headset :).

Why would it be needed to try it on another computer when the headset has an inbuilt soundcard? Obviously it's the soundcard messing.

I also tried to update the USB units, but they were all up to date. I would like to return this headset, how is the rules, do I get a new same headset or money back? I would rather get a new same headset than getting money back.

Don't waste your time with RMA. The problems you’re experiencing are driver related. Until Corsair releases a driver update or you buy and install a PCI USB controller, you'll always get the crackling and other audio anomalies on your system.

Don't waste your time with RMA. The problems you’re experiencing are driver related. Until Corsair releases a driver update or you buy and install a PCI USB controller, you'll always get the crackling and other audio anomalies on your system.

How can you be so sure about that? You're just a member :confused: Btw, can it somehow affect any sound or anything if the wires to the headphone are a bit tangled? Because they get really tangled, and some bends are so hard that I dont dare to fix it, cuz im affraid to damage the wire.

How can you be so sure about that? You're just a member :confused: Btw, can it somehow affect any sound or anything if the wires to the headphone are a bit tangled? Because they get really tangled, and some bends are so hard that I dont dare to fix it, cuz im affraid to damage the wire.

If you get the squealing and crackling with the drivers installed, it's the drivers that's causing it. Look around on the board. A lot of people are having the same exact problem. Uninstall the Corsair drivers temporarily and see if you still get audio problems.

If you get the squealing and crackling with the drivers installed, it's the drivers that's causing it. Look around on the board. A lot of people are having the same exact problem. Uninstall the Corsair drivers temporarily and see if you still get audio problems.

Well haven't heard a crackling in the music yet, but I still get a weak noise in my headset even if drivers uninstalled, and the interference I had between spotify and skype seems to be gone with drivers uninstalled, but yes lets just wait until new drivers come out and see if it gets fixed.

Archived