Corsair Community

Some Question About SP2500 speakers?

noir2525

First off I am think about buying it but one small thing is making it questionable "the paper cones".

So here are my questions.

1. The satellites mid speakers has a paper cones. So how would it fair in humid salt air mist climate like Hawaii? Will it degrade and loose it quality quickly?

2. How long are the speaker cables?

Some suggestions to improve the speakers.

• optic audio input
  • DUAL WOVEN GLASS FIBER CONES on each satellite for late night mode when the sub shuts off u have one for lows and one mid on the satellite with the tweeter.
  • add a ground to the speaker system ur half way there with the plug the same as the psu cable
  • add a mic jack on controller
  • removable mesh cloth over the speaker so doing some dust cleaning is easier.
  • use speaker wire instead of 4pin cpu connectors so people can run down to store and make longer ones if needed.

2. How long are the speaker cables?
6 feet (see below as well as Corsair's website).

add a mic jack on controller
http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1492/3/

It's got it.

use speaker wire instead of 4pin cpu connectors so people can run down to store and make longer ones if needed.
http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1492/2/

When we first saw the color coded ATX4 connectors on the speakers we didn't think much of it, but once we set up the speaker system on our office desk we found that the wires were not long enough as we wanted to have the sub on one side of the desk and the speakers on each side of an AMD Eyefinity triple monitor setup. We asked Corsair if they had some longer cables for us to use, but they don't right now. Corsair plans on making longer cables and offering them on their website, but for now there is nothing you can do unless you want to splice into these ATX4 connectors and make them longer. These cable connectors are what you normally would see on a power supply! We asked Corsair why they would use such a cable and Dylan Rhodes, Director of Marketing for Audio, had this to say:

The ATX connectors are due to the amount of power sent to the satellites; they're driven by amplifiers generating 56 watts for each satellite (40 to the midrange, 16 to the tweeter). The usual suspects -- RCA, 3.5mm, etc. -- aren't rated to safely handle that much power. We did consider using standard speaker wire, but since the satellites are bi-amplified, they would have required two paired cables per satellite. The extra installation time and the look of all that silvery speaker wire made us rule it out. ATX 12V connectors provided an elegant solution -- it's a four-wire cable with one-click connection. We're preparing extended length kits for those customers for whom six feet from sat to sub isn't enough. I'm sorry we didn't have them ready at launch, but they'll be available soon.

I'm still wondering about them paper cones, is there any type of weather proofing material on them to make them less susceptible to moisture?

Y was paper chosen for the speaker material instead of other more durable materials?

I do plan to buy the speakers some time this week. I just hope the paper cones will hold up to Hawaii's humid climate. This would be my first paper cone speakers. Generally i try to avoid paper cone because of the moisture reason.

I don't think ur warranty would cover damage due to climate anyway. But as long as they last 1 year its fine since i upgrade my speakers every year. My current speakers now is GigaWorks T40 Series II 2.0 speakers.

Well just got my speakers in the mail today. Not impressed by the audio quality, if i had to rate it from 1-10 i would give it a 9 in the audio quality. Maybe it might sound better on dry day since when i was testing it was a humid day thats the only draw back of them paper cones.

Might want to choose another cone material next time, even car speakers don't use paper cones considering how audio quality is not up to par in humid areas.

Bass is nice but still lack the room shaking punch. I can see why one reviewer said a good pair of book shelf speakers are better. The reason he said that must be because the bass is lacking in punch. People get 2.1 speakers because they want to feel the bass not just hear accurate bass.

Now if compare it to my $150 headphones pretty much the headphones win in every thing. But of course its not fair to compare it since it cost more in terms of material.

All in all it called u get what u pay for. Maybe i'm just too picky, but if corsair made the bass have the punch so u can feel it shake ur body then i'm sure it will attract audiophiles that love their bass.

Its about a 12x12 room, the room size is not important in hawaii mostly every one leave their windows open for the fresh island air. Although it does sound better when i close all the windows and turn the AC on. Most houses in hawaii are single wall construction and single plane windows.

Music is just about everything in jpop.

If you must know the exact song it "Momo no Hanabira" by Ai Otsuka. It feels like it been hollowed out at the bass. It a complete 180 from creative gigaworks t40, everything sound off with the corsair. It might be just me unable to find a sweet spot in the volume of the bass and satellites.

Weiβ Flugel by Yousei Teikoku is also another one where the bass department is lacking. The music type is electro classical, strange yes I've personal never knew there was such a type of music until i looked it up.

Well it kind of like there something missing in the music and satellites over power the bass and it hard to get a very good combo. Since i have to adjust both for every song.

Keep in mind the creative T40 and Audio technica monitor headphones sound about the same for the 2 song and both leave corsair in the dust in terms of ear candy in music. But the corsair excels in games leaving everything in the dust. Very impressed at the bass and audio in game.

It makes me wounder why the bass goes out on vacation when its music time and only comes back when its time for playing games. I guess thats why its called gaming speaker and not music speakers.

• Corsair Employee
Keep in mind the creative T40 and Audio technica monitor headphones sound about the same for the 2 song and both leave corsair in the dust in terms of ear candy in music. But the corsair excels in games leaving everything in the dust. Very impressed at the bass and audio in game.

It makes me wounder why the bass goes out on vacation when its music time and only comes back when its time for playing games. I guess thats why its called gaming speaker and not music speakers.

Have you tried playing with the different "Program" and "EQ" presets? I have noticed that some are definitely better than others when it comes to music/games/movies.

Have you tried playing with the different "Program" and "EQ" presets? I have noticed that some are definitely better than others when it comes to music/games/movies.

Yes, i have but it never comes up to par with my monitor headphones, kind of like something is missing but its supposed to be there. Some songs it pushes up the vocals and lowers the level of background music, so its kind of like reverse karaoke.

There was so much hype on the speakers and the youtube videos i've seen seem to point at music, but in actuality it's in games.

When i play music i generally don't touch the EQ since there flac or 320 mp3. Iso rips from DVD. I hardly ever play them from dvd or cd directly since it so expensive to get shipped to the US.

So whats my point, My point is that if it can't play CD quality music in via flac or mp3 320 right without messing with EQ. How can it be great at music?

Playing with the EQ is mostly if ur lossless rip isn't lossless. I find my flac rip to play the best on my other speakers and headphones with everything off the xfi, 3-D surround, and EQ turned off. I like to listen to lossless CD rips in there most pure form than start messing with it the EQ.

the 9 out of 10 rating was for audio in games, if i rated for the jpop i listen to its more like a 3 out of 10

Archived