Corsair Community

Marks on Corsair logo?

Astral85

Have any K95 Platinum owners noticed that the plastic Corsair logo section of the keyboard marks very easily? The marks appear as scratches reflected under a certain light angles. These pics were taken from a K95P I had replaced for another reason but demonstrates the issue.

I simply wiped the plastic logo with a clean camera lens cloth which left these marks that look like deep scratches. I also noticed that even just touching the plastic with a finger is enough to leave these marks. It seems like the plastic used is very soft and picks up micro scratching/marring very easily. I am not even prepared to wipe a bug mark or go any where the logo on my new board but I have unfortunately already picked up one of these marks without touching it :(:

20180630_181009.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/5t0jdH6F/20180630_181009.jpg

20180701_175144.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/02sQ5Xzv/20180701_175144.jpg

Totally normal. Plastics are relatively soft and you will mark it with a dry lint free cloth. The cloth may have grit and dirt , which act as an abrasive.

However you can easily polish this out if it bothers u. Car polishes works well with a bit of elbow grease. However, it is kinda pointless because it will end up being scratched again.

If you want to clean plastics, dont use dry cloth period. Use a damp cloth

Totally normal. Plastics are relatively soft and you will mark it with a dry lint free cloth. The cloth may have grit and dirt , which act as an abrasive.

However you can easily polish this out if it bothers u. Car polishes works well with a bit of elbow grease. However, it is kinda pointless because it will end up being scratched again.

If you want to clean plastics, dont use dry cloth period. Use a damp cloth

So it is normal for all plastics to mark/scratch easily is that right? When I think about it a lot of plastics are notorious for marking. Just holding my Xbox PC controller under light it reflects off what looks like hundreds of tiny scratches. This is I think when light hits a scratch it reflects as big swirly circles, marring I believe is the word, common in the auto industry.

I just don't want it on the center piece of my $300 keyboard that sit's in front of me at my desk, probably just like somebody doesn't want it in the dash board of their Ferrari. To be honest I worry going at it with a polish might make it worse. Should it be a wet cloth with polish? Will definitely remember to use a damp cloth next time a bug decides to rest on it.

Archived