Corsair Community

Temperature and fan curve do not match

Arithean

Why does my CPU fan not use the temperature listed (temperate of the liquid?) and instead uses my CPU's temperature?

I was controlling my CPU fan through the BIOS, but now that my fan is included in iCUE (and I can't put a delay for when the fans should rev up), I'm getting random fan RPM spikes.

Could there be an option to use the liquid's temperature or could there be an option to add a delay before the fans rev up?

aArDQZF

https://imgur.com/a/aArDQZF

To explain the image, I'm alt tabbing back into a game, causing the CPU temp to rise to about 55, triggering the cooler fans to rev up.

I may just have to create a custom fan curve using the CPU's temperature.

You uploaded image is just a snip of the current coolant temperature and fan/pump speeds. That is not the configuration screen. Select the H80i GT tab in iCUE. Then Performance. That will give you access to the three preset curves (which always run off coolant temp), but also the "+" symbol will create a new cooling mode to make your own curve. Above the graph for the custom curve will be the control variable choice.

For the moment, you need to stop using the BIOS to try and alter the fan and pump speeds. You are not controlling the fans. You are cutting voltage to the entire unit and this is having an adverse affect on your pump and fans in terms of minimum speed and it won't help with longevity either. Set your Q-Fan header to Full Speed/100% or Disabled, depending on whether you are in the EZ or Advanced BIOS. After that, iCUE/Link does all the speed control.

Archived