Trp=3T

Trc=11T

Trfc=13T

Trwt=5T

Twr=3T

1T/2T memory timing=1T

S/W Dram Over 4G Remapping=Enabled

H/W DRAm Over 4G Remapping=Enabled

So with these settings the game Call of Duty: UO gave a bleu screen and 3D mark 2005 gave a black screen after loading (pc hangs)...

What did I do wrong? My memory should work on these settings...

Try increasing the memory/DDR voltage to 2.75V in the BIOS. (Default is 2.6V.)

I did put my volatge on 2,75 volt right away. I have set my timings to 2,5-3-3-6 1T @ 2,75V now and everything works... No bleu screens or problems with 3d mark 2005.

But why won't it work at 2-3-3-6? Because I have an AMD or is it something else?

No, they should be able to do 2-3-3-6

That I know, Wired.

To the thread starter (Viggen):

Which BIOS version are you using? (With a Venice-core CPU, you will need BIOS version 1005 or later if you have an E3 revision of the CPU, or BIOS version 1010 or later if you have an E6 revision of that CPU.)

And also, what is the revision number on your modules?

That I know, Wired.

To the thread starter (Viggen):

Which BIOS version are you using? (With a Venice-core CPU, you will need BIOS version 1005 or later if you have an E3 revision of the CPU, or BIOS version 1010 or later if you have an E6 revision of that CPU.)

And also, what is the revision number on your modules?

I got BIOS revision 1011 and an E6 revision of my CPU...

The 2.5-3-3-6 timings for the 3200C2 might be the limitation of the memory controller of your particular CPU. A lot of single-core Athlon64 processors have that same limitation with those memory modules. So be happy that you can run those modules at 2.5-3-3-6-1T. Chances are, you won't feel any difference between 2-3-3-6 and 2.5-3-3-6 (due to the already very low latency of the A64's integrated memory controller).

The 2.5-3-3-6 timings for the 3200C2 might be the limitation of the memory controller of your particular CPU. A lot of single-core Athlon64 processors have that same limitation with those memory modules. So be happy that you can run those modules at 2.5-3-3-6-1T. Chances are, you won't feel any difference between 2-3-3-6 and 2.5-3-3-6 (due to the already very low latency of the A64's integrated memory controller).

Ok thanks for the help. i will keep these settings :):

• Corsair Employee
These modules should be able to run at Cas 2.0 with this MB, while I would agree to some extent with RJLeong65 that some MB's and or CPU will just not run at Cas 2.0, however as long as you have the latest bios and have this issue I would suggest we try replacing the modules and go from there. But our Cas 2 modules should be able to run with just about any of the AMD 64 Based systems with some exception. IE running 4 modules or 2 modules that are not exactly matched for example.

These modules should be able to run at Cas 2.0 with this MB, while I would agree to some extent with RJLeong65 that some MB's and or CPU will just not run at Cas 2.0, however as long as you have the latest bios and have this issue I would suggest we try replacing the modules and go from there. But our Cas 2 modules should be able to run with just about any of the AMD 64 Based systems with some exception. IE running 4 modules or 2 modules that are not exactly matched for example.

So my memory wont work at 2-3-3-6. I've got BIOS revision 1011, don't know if this is the latest...

So what should I do? Just keep it at 2,5-3-3-6 or download newer version for my BIOS (if it there is a newer one)?

So my memory wont work at 2-3-3-6. I've got BIOS revision 1011, don't know if this is the latest...

So what should I do? Just keep it at 2,5-3-3-6 or download newer version for my BIOS (if it there is a newer one)?

The latest non-beta BIOS version for your motherboard (so far) is 1012.

There is also a beta BIOS version 1013.005 available.

If I've read your post correctly, both the s/w dram and h/w dram remapping over 4g should be both be set to disabled with 2 gigs of ram. Those settings are only a benefit with 4 gigs of ram or more (i.e. with server boards).

hmm, if I change that it also make my memory work at 2-3-3-6?

edit: Hmm, weird I did what you said and now my memory works great on 2-3-3-6 1T@ 2,75V :D: Thanks man!

This are my BIOS settings now:

Memlock index value (Mhz) 400Mhz

CAS Latency=2,5

Tras=6T

Trcd=3T

Trp=3T

Trc=11T

Trfc=13T

Trwt=5T

Twr=3T

1T/2T memory timing=1T

S/W Dram Over 4G Remapping=Disabled

H/W DRAm Over 4G Remapping=Disabled

I'm going to keep these settings, because it works fine now (in games)...

But sometimes I start up my computer and when that windows icon comes, my HDD is constantly loading, it wont go away unless I reset my computer...:confused: I don't know if it got something to do with my memory... Maybe something else? You guys can tell me I hope...

Additionally, your coolermaster 450 watt power supply is probably beeing pushed a bit hard (its a bit light for an nf4 based board). It has two +12 volt rails one with 16 amps and one with 18 amps. It may be a simple matter of swapping the +12 rail connecions around so that the more power hungry components are on the 18amp rail instead of the 16 amp rail. The nf4 based boards (which yours is) are picky about power at boot up especially coupled with that 7800gt. This could be the cause of the memory problems. A link to Nvidea's nf4-sli based certified powersupplies:

http://www.slizone.com/object/slizone2_build.html#certified_powersupplies

Additionally, your coolermaster 450 watt power supply is probably beeing pushed a bit hard (its a bit light for an nf4 based board). It has two +12 volt rails one with 16 amps and one with 18 amps. It may be a simple matter of swapping the +12 rail connecions around so that the more power hungry components are on the 18amp rail instead of the 16 amp rail. The nf4 based boards (which yours is) are picky about power at boot up especially coupled with that 7800gt. This could be the cause of the memory problems. A link to Nvidea's nf4-sli based certified powersupplies:

http://www.slizone.com/object/slizone2_build.html#certified_powersupplies

But I don't have SLi, so 450W should be enough...

But I don't have SLi, so 450W should be enough...

Actually, Garvin is correct that your Coolermaster 450W is being pushed a bit too hard. It's not just the wattage that's the problem; it's the maximum combined amperage on the +12V rails that's the problem. You see, that GeForce 7800GT requires a PSU which can handle at least 26A combined on the +12V rails. Unfortunately, judging by the maximum +12V power spec of 264W, your Coolermaster 450W can handle a maximum of only 22A combined on the +12V rails. You see, you cannot simply add up the amperages of the two +12V rails together to reach a combined maximum amperage rating - that simply does not compute. There will always be some loss in the total combined +12V capacity in a dual-rail PSU due to the fact that the two +12V rails actually share the same electrical circuit within the PSU.

So, your PSU can handle a maximum combined +12V amperage rating of only 22A. That's not enough for a high-end rig these days, even with a single high-end graphics card.

(By contrast, the Antec TruePower 2.0 430W PSU, model TPII-430, is plenty adequate for a high-end system with a single high-end graphics card: Even though its power rating is *only* 430W, its maximum combined +12V amperage is 31A, according to unpublished internal info.)

Actually, Garvin is correct that your Coolermaster 450W is being pushed a bit too hard. It's not just the wattage that's the problem; it's the maximum combined amperage on the +12V rails that's the problem. You see, that GeForce 7800GT requires a PSU which can handle at least 26A combined on the +12V rails. Unfortunately, judging by the maximum +12V power spec of 264W, your Coolermaster 450W can handle a maximum of only 22A combined on the +12V rails. You see, you cannot simply add up the amperages of the two +12V rails together to reach a combined maximum amperage rating - that simply does not compute. There will always be some loss in the total combined +12V capacity in a dual-rail PSU due to the fact that the two +12V rails actually share the same electrical circuit within the PSU.

So, your PSU can handle a maximum combined +12V amperage rating of only 22A. That's not enough for a high-end rig these days, even with a single high-end graphics card.

(By contrast, the Antec TruePower 2.0 430W PSU, model TPII-430, is plenty adequate for a high-end system with a single high-end graphics card: Even though its power rating is *only* 430W, its maximum combined +12V amperage is 31A, according to unpublished internal info.)

But I aint got problems with my graficscard, so why we talk about it now?

• Corsair Employee

The Video and memory share the same power source with many of these newer MB's so if your video card is starving then the memory will likely have some issue as well. But I have no problem replacing your modules if you want to try that.

Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

To put it another way, the conditions you're experiencing look suspiciously like a power problem. Stuff works one time-doesn't the next. You're welcome to RMA your Ram according to Ram Guy, the official Corsair rep, but I doubt it will solve the problem. Ram either works or it doesnt, there isn't an in between state unless the system experiences a momentary "brownout" where the supply can't supply enough juice to meet demand. If this happens for only a tiny fraction of a second during a write or read operation data corruption results. If a program, such as the bios, is trying to communicate with all the devices on your system and sees a faulty responce (corrupt stored data) it can get stuck in a perpetual loop, ala hard hard drive thrashing. This may occur one time but not the next depending on which devices are drawing power and when. Until recently this type of failure was mainly seen when a supply was near the end of it's actual life. With the nf4 based sli boards it's much more common. Sassen over at hardwareanalysis.com actually blew quite a few supplies (even with only one video card) before finding ones that would work for the deluxe edition of this board. The link, on the first page (after closing the popup ad):

http://hardwareanalysis.com/content/topic/38623/

To put it another way, the conditions you're experiencing look suspiciously like a power problem. Stuff works one time-doesn't the next. You're welcome to RMA your Ram according to Ram Guy, the official Corsair rep, but I doubt it will solve the problem. Ram either works or it doesnt, there isn't an in between state unless the system experiences a momentary "brownout" where the supply can't supply enough juice to meet demand. If this happens for only a tiny fraction of a second during a write or read operation data corruption results. If a program, such as the bios, is trying to communicate with all the devices on your system and sees a faulty responce (corrupt stored data) it can get stuck in a perpetual loop, ala hard hard drive thrashing. This may occur one time but not the next depending on which devices are drawing power and when. Until recently this type of failure was mainly seen when a supply was near the end of it's actual life. With the nf4 based sli boards it's much more common. Sassen over at hardwareanalysis.com actually blew quite a few supplies (even with only one video card) before finding ones that would work for the deluxe edition of this board. The link, on the first page (after closing the popup ad):

http://hardwareanalysis.com/content/topic/38623/

These are my voltage in Everest:

They look fine to me...

voltage.JPG.c4035c99882146cae79d2b9cc20a5e7c.JPG

Archived