Corsair Community

900D Front 260mmx60 rad question

GoNz0

I can't change the title to 360x60 :(

Hi, I still run the benchmark of rads an old thermochill pa120.3. No need to replace it imo so it has moved with each build. Currently it is in my tiny 800D, I say Tiny as I have brackets to hold my thermochill pa140.3 on the rear of the case as it wont go inside!

Now it is becoming old so I am considering the 900D as a replacement. Is the 900D now classed as discontinued as spares seem "lacking" on corsairs site?

Next question is where to put my 360mmx60 (or 85mm with fans) rad.

The front of the case looks ideal but will it fit and will I need to remove the HDD bay?

I have seen posts about 55mm to the front of the case so am I screwed fitting it there?.

I have 7 HDD's to fit as well.

Also I have 2 DDC pumps with 140mm res tops, how can I mount those as there seems to be no panel separating the lower PSU section of the case?

thanks for any help.

• Corsair Employee

The 900D is most definitely not discontinued. After all, we have no suitable replacement for it. ;)

You'll have to remove the HDD bays but you can fit the 360x60 in the front.

Our build on our website basically suspended the DDC pumps above the bottom chamber. You can see it here.

Thanks for the reply, looks like I may go for a bottom mounted option instead considering it has rails there already, it should leave room to fit the x-res in the same place you did in your build using the brackets I fitted to the 800D's sata backplane cover.

• 2 weeks later...

the build quality of this is shocking, lower rad panel on the window side doesn't close, top panels got scratches on the corners where nothing touches the case! front surrounds got chips in it after it has been sprayed.

and for gods sake learn how to package your cases, it is an utter joke for a case this weight and size, not structural support at all, just a cheap bit of polystyrene top and bottom, this thing needs to be bomb proof!

Oh well I wonder what the next one arrives like!

The 800D was (still is sat there being) one hell of a case, then you go and cut every corner possible.

Drive bays feel like they will snap

front panel is loose by pure poor design of the clips.

even the front drop down cover is just cheap, at least the 800 swung down with a small spring.

I got a new one of Amazon that shipped within the UK, it has less issues. Greybeard contacted me as the guy I sold a cpu to had the same case and same loose parts then mentioned my troubles so we will see where it goes.

Thanks.

Archived