Corsair Community

Additional PCI-e and/or splitters for AX1200

hyphenated

I was a tad bemused to find that the AX1200 only comes with sufficient PCI-e cables for a triple-GPU setup, and that the 8-pin motherboard plug takes up one of the 8 PSU sockets, leaving 7 - one spare on a triple GPU, one short for quad...

Unfortunately, the 7950s I'm using won't spin up on a single connector - they seem to require motherboard power AND 8-pin PCI-e AND 6-pin PCI-e.

So ideally I'm looking for modular 1200 cables that terminate in two 6+2 PCI-e (or an 8 and a 6) - the two plugs can be adjacent (ie on the same GPU).

A second option is to source individual modular Corsair AX1200 PCI-e 6+2 cables, then run up a MOLEX connection, which I'm not too enamoured with. All I can find are kits, and that seems expensive overkill.

I'm certainly nowhere near pushing the power envelope with quad GPUs - this is a mining rig.

The final icing on the cake is that I'm in Australia.

Any thoughts on supply?

Thanks!

Thanks! They do sound sexy - where can they be obtained?

I'm reluctant to try making one up (the last time I tried I fried a drive).

I have an A**ec 1200W and they come as standard, making a quad GPU setup rather neat.

well they came with my 1200i, i also have seen them come with other psus from corsair

id get on skype and call them directly and ask

mr.peanutz can probably hook you up with that info

• 4 years later...

Archived