Corsair Community

Bug with 2.11.115, Windows 10, all folders removed

Wondering if anyone else would be willing to test this, I doubt it's only my system as it's fairly generic.

Hit CTRL ALT DEL, Then click switch user and log back in as the same user. Warning, doing this removed all my folders and I now have a couple hundred profiles from what used to be about 20 and can no longer use the pause break to switch between profiles.

I think I'm going to have to delete them all and re-import them now as I'm not sure how else to fix this, guess I will read up on folders as I didn't make them all the profiles were downloaded and imported.

I am willing to test this, as I have backups of all my profiles in case of any issues. :sunglasse

I pressed CTRL ALT DEL, and Switch User, and then I logged back in as the same user.

I observed that all my folders remained, and my profile switching hotkey (defined, in my case, as WinLock) switched between the profiles as expected.

Thanks for testing it, I just tried it again since it worked for you, with only one folder and it stayed intact this time (for me) as well. Not sure what the steps are to reproduce this bug now. I will update if this happens again. Maybe something else caused it and it was just coincidence that it happened when I signed out and then back in. Strange.

I met all folders lost and sort disorganized, sometimes after Win10 started up.

The only way I found is that back up the profile folder in "AppData\Roaming\Corsair\CUE", if the problem happens then exit CUE and overwrite the profile folder with backup. It's just an temporary solution, we still need Corsair to fix this issue.

I met all folders lost and sort disorganized, sometimes after Win10 started up.

The only way I found is that back up the profile folder in "AppData\Roaming\Corsair\CUE", if the problem happens then exit CUE and overwrite the profile folder with backup. It's just an temporary solution, we still need Corsair to fix this issue.

I back up .cueprofile and .cuefolder using CUE's export function, rather than directly accessing any of the AppData files. I keep copies of my CUE folders and profiles in my Documents folder, so I can use CUE's import function to add them back into CUE.

do you run your OS of SSD or HD ?

why do i ask ? cause i have encountered strange things changing on SSD when not using Bitlocker in spydows 10. As if some other force was having fun changing my stuff. Might be microsoft themself with their insider program taking liberties on other peoples hardware.

• 1 month later...

When I made the above post things were afoot I wasn't aware of and everything was working as I intended purely by coincidence because I only had 3 profiles. Today I decided to see if recreating my folders would make them visible again and it did so then I decided to add a couple more folders and profiles and I threw a monkey wrench into my own works :P

https://1drv.ms/i/s!AkFvCvBbc6aBim6UHy1azLETGjbx

I created a folder called Default because whenever I logged out of a game back to my Windows desktop that game's profile was still present and affecting how my desktop worked. That problem was fixed but it created a situation I can't figure out. As you can see in my LotRO folder there are 2 profiles called Unmounted and Mounted which pertain to different key mappings for Ummounted and Mounted combat within Lord of the Rings Online and they were mapped to M1 and M2 which is how I wanted them. What I didn't know was that when another profile got created, in this case the Default profile, that profile got assigned to M1 and the Unmounted profile in the LotRO folder got changed to M2 and the Mounted profile got changed to M3- I don't like that but I could get used to it. But here's where the head-scratcher happened.

I added another profile named Star Citizen within a new Folder named Star Citizen and that profile didn't get assigned to any M button because, well, there are none left :P

The scenario I'm trying to create is one in which each game can have up to 3 different key mappings that are selectable my pressing the M1, M2 or M3 buttons.

I've read Inheritance's well intended and well written Cue2 manual but I'm stuck :|

Same issue here, happened many, many times since the folders update. One profile outside a folder was also randomly deleted, but that's an unrelated issue (that's been mentioned many times on this forum and STILL hasn't been fixed, Corsair...). So frustrating.

Archived