Corsair Community

The audio is only coming out of one side with my HS1

Tirin

I have had it for three weeks and suddenly the right speaker stopped working.

Anyway to fix this?

Please if there is anything that might help say so.

Can't really get another headset right now

• 5 weeks later...

I just registered a forum account to reply to this. I had to RMA my first headset finally due to this. For me it was the right speaker as well on the first headset, and now as of tonight, the second headset as well.

Looking at other posts it seems to be the wiring somehow disconnecting, possibly from the control pod. Fortunately I'm lazy and inept, so I haven't opened anything up to void my warranty. I like to think I'm gentle with my headsets, the worst that happens is the cord tangling on my chair wheels and it goes flying off my head when I go to get up. Both times the actual death had nothing to do with any occurance like that, just sitting and using the headset normally with no stress. Makes me miss the coiled give from my old Sennies.

Anyway, would a replacement even be in the cards since it's happened a second time? If I'm not simply up a creek I'd hope I'm not paying shipping again for something that'll last a couple months again... (both sets seemed to last 2 months or so before this happened)

Don't get me wrong, the headset is quite good when it's not falling victim to this. That's probably a reason why this frustrates me so much.

Edit: Just noticed the time on the post, apologies for the necro, but still seems the most relevant post to reply to at the moment.

Archived