Corsair Community

Far Cry 5 Crash

hockey9999

It looks like a new bug may have been introduced with the new version. After installing version 3.1.133 this morning, Far Cry 5 is consistently crashing. Disabling "Enable SDK" in iCUE settings appears to resolve the issue. Prior to the update I didn't have any issues at all in Far Cry 5.

It is hard to pinpoint exactly when the crash happens, but it appears to be when under attack and the lights are transitioning to red. Once the game crashes, my mouse becomes completely unresponsive. The only way to make the mouse work is to shutdown or reboot, unplugging/plugging back in does nothing.

Anyone else having the same issue?

K95 Platinum

M65 Pro RGB

I only have a k95 regular and an m65 regular rgb alongside some other corsair hardware in the cue ecospace (ST100 void and k63 and polaris and scimitar)

I had not played too much with corsair lighting on because this title was so conducive to the k63 and I felt for this title on my TV it was a distraction from the HDR effect (none the less i appreciate the implementation a great deal).

I only experienced two crashes, one switching from TV to monitor or vice versa and other times trying to do 2x reso scaling at 4k. Only once it crashed in a firefight and that was after a long session. 1080ti was getting a little toasty on the backside when i would be pulling the display port to the monitor out and plugging in the tv's hdmi or vice versa so I assume that is where my crashes happened (thermal runaway effecting logic or something).

The profiles they came up with for farcry 5 are crazy and cool so I suspect it is possible that is where the crash happened, but (as mentioned elsewhere) you could test this theory by navigating to the directory where the cue profiles are stored and copying the files elsewhere or just importing them and testing if that had the same results. I think you will find them at

C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\Corsair Utility Engine\GameSdkEffects\FarCry5\

there are a lot as they implemented lots of stuffs for various events and activities, so diagnosis might be challenging, you mentioned it crashed repeatably. Can you downgrade graphics to test and revisit?

Appreciate the feedback!

I'd blame it on NIVIDIA drivers had the game not been running flawlessly from launch day up until yesterday when I upgraded to iCUE 3.1.133.. I don't think it is a coincidence that when I disable SDK integration and replay the same mission, the game works perfectly with no crashes, stuttering, etc.

Also the fact that when SDK is enabled and Far Cry crashes it completely kills my Corsair mouse until after a reboot leads me to believe this is a bug introduced with the new version of iCUE.

...Also the fact that when SDK is enabled and Far Cry crashes it completely kills my Corsair mouse until after a reboot leads me to believe this is a bug introduced with the new version of iCUE.

Right sounds like it is related. I tried last night having it on last night and playing a bit grabbing some collectibles (I beat the campaign and a good chunk of the side missions), but i didn't have the m65 plugged in, I'll pop that back in a couple spots in the future when i play it.

Thanks, good to know! Maybe something went wrong during the update.

Not sure if it would make a difference - is your mouse plugged into the back of the keyboard or directly into the computer? Mine is plugged into the keyboard, and it didn't occur to me until now that it could have something to do with the issue.

I'll try plugging the mouse into the computer directly, and/or reinstalling iCUE tonight.

Archived