Corsair Community

CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9 and ASROCK

Clickbeetle

Hello, i have such problem. My system in my profile. So i have installed all this 4 modules and load xmp for them in bios. However i started getting bsod. So i inserted only two modules and tried to load xmp for them, but it failed. Whenever i try to load xmp or just to set 1600 MHz and timings manually my system fails. It wont start or will shut down with blue screen. But with 1333 MHz 9-9-9-24 it is very stable! The question: how to make my ram run at 1600-9-9-9-24? It's a pity, because i chose this memory via memory finder on corsair site and now have problems. Yeah and memory is ok, i have tested it with memtest86+ several times. So need your help....

I checked on module and it has failed on xmp profile. But i have installed two modules back. Then i go to dram configuration, i entered: 1600-9-9-9-24 and set COMMAND RATE to 2T and i managed to load windows successfully. So now i will run memtest86+ and then will stress my computer to be certain that there is no bsod and will report here.

As the matter of fact, i see a lot of topics with this memory and 1600 freq. So i can consider the problem lies in this modules or their compatibility with motherboards.

Well, no one ever drops by to say things are working great, if you know what i mean. There really isn't any more issues with the Vengeance series as there is with any other modules sold by corsair.

Plus add in the fact that they are a relatively new product, and you are going to see quite a few posts initially. Most of the time issues are solved easily with a BIOS update or some minor tweaking of voltages and or timings. :)

And i want to ask, what is better? 1333-9-9-9-24-1T or 1600-9-9-9-24-2T?

Corsair recomends 2t for all their modules. I would go with the 1600mhz hands down.

• Corsair Employee

Yes if its stable you should be good to go.

As the matter of fact, i see a lot of topics with this memory and 1600 freq. So i can consider the problem lies in this modules or their compatibility with motherboards.

Well, no one ever drops by to say things are working great, if you know what i mean. There really isn't any more issues with the Vengeance series as there is with any other modules sold by corsair.

What he is saying is that this is a support forum and we have a large portion of the enthusiast market so most people to do not post on the forum to say how good they are doing only to say something does not work. In addition,if you consider the volume we have sold of this part the number of people who have problems is quite small less than 1% of what we have sold.

So while you may see some having trouble most just need help with the settings or are not sure how things should work and ask questions.

Oh i was pretty sure that he was talking about this. Anyways thanks for explanation. I now that people here creates topics if they have problem. I just meant that among them there are a lot of topics that covers this memory. But for now i think that the problem is in bios of my motherboard. Seems like it can't load xmp profile correctly. What is more only in the latest bios XMP ver. 1.3 was added. So when i first bought my motherboard i couldn't even load xmp profile. But for now it is all working. So thank you guys for help!!!.

• 3 weeks later...
Hello, i have problems again. My computer was running good until this day. I have started to get BSOD. So i ran Memtest86+ and it showed a lot of errors, every sector was bad! I ran test for one module only and they both passed them, but separetly. If together it crashes. So what it can be? They were fine almost like a month... So i took another two modules from the pack and installed them. They run good in dual mode for now. So what the problem? Just two bad modules or what?

Archived