Corsair Community

CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9B on GA-A75M-D2H

andyml1

I'm running a new LLano build. This memory is rated for 9-9-9-24 at 1600mhz. It seems to be a known that the memory defaults to 1333 but the graphics performance on llano is dependent on memory performance. So anyway I upped the memory to 1600 as it is rated for. When I do this it wants to set the timings at 11-11-11-29. I manually put this back to 9-9-9-24 and everything seems stable. So far so good.

my question is about the the other timings. These also go higher when I set the memory from 1333 to 1600 and leave it on 'Auto'. So can I safely manually change these other settings to the same they are with the memory at 1333 or do I need to use the more relaxed timings?

Thanks!

I've got the 16GB vengeance kit on the UD4H gigabyte board with the A8-3850 APU for my Llano setup, and same spec ram - 9-9-9-24, 1600... I have all 4 slots populated... I manually set the timings to 9-9-9-27... and with having all 4 slots filled, I needed to increase my voltages from 1.5 to 1.65, and also bumped up the memory controller voltage setting (CPU NB VID Controller).... and I've tried all kinds of settings in all different combinations, and I can't get this fricken thing to run stable at all... I'll go a couple/few days of running with no problems, then other days i'll have multiple BSOD's throughout the day... it's starting to tick me off....

thinking I may just pull out two sticks and only leave 8gb in there and run that, see if that helps at all... I'm at my wits end.

I've got the 16GB vengeance kit on the UD4H gigabyte board with the A8-3850 APU for my Llano setup, and same spec ram - 9-9-9-24, 1600... I have all 4 slots populated... I manually set the timings to 9-9-9-27... and with having all 4 slots filled, I needed to increase my voltages from 1.5 to 1.65, and also bumped up the memory controller voltage setting (CPU NB VID Controller).... and I've tried all kinds of settings in all different combinations, and I can't get this fricken thing to run stable at all... I'll go a couple/few days of running with no problems, then other days i'll have multiple BSOD's throughout the day... it's starting to tick me off....

thinking I may just pull out two sticks and only leave 8gb in there and run that, see if that helps at all... I'm at my wits end.

Start out by testing each stick individually in the same slot with memtest(link on the left side) to be sure you do not have a bad module. But it sounds like a MB issue to me. If they all pass a few passes of memtest i would contact your MB manufacturer.

yeah, memtest doesn't even run/work on my machine... I boot from the cd, and memtest gets to the point of "Loading........." on the screen, and that's it... doesn't do anything else...

I've run the Windows 7 memory test and that runs fine, everything passes ok, no problems...

I've run the latest Prime95 for a couple hours and that runs fine, I get no issues/problems with that either...

Archived