Corsair Community

Vengeance K70 Won't Light Up

Barajiqal

Hello everyone this is my first post here.

I just received my corsair K70 and am in fact typing this post on it right now. I'm only having one issue right now. It seems that no matter what I do I can't get the back-lights of the keyboard to light up. Is there something I'm missing?

I've held down the Backlight Program key until it blinks, and tried to both set individual keys and all keys to be light, to no avail.

Any help is greatly appreciated,

-Bara

Yes the dimmer switch dims the red leds on the media keys and the backlight program key. The capslock, numlock, and scroll lock leds all function as they should as well(don't dim?).

I'm seeing that they request a high power usb port. Would a usb 3.0 meet that requirement? or is usb 2.0 actually adequate?

-Bara

• Corsair Employee
You'll want an USB port that can supply 500ma, which 2.0 can supply. Try to use a port that isn't being shared by another device (or to make it easier, just plug everything for now to see if it solves the issue).

I have now tried 3 different computers. One was fresh install no other usb devices hooked up. I've tried 3.0 usb ports on 2 separate machines. Same issues on all 3 machines. I'm think something is just unhooked inside, but that is an issue for rma I'm not voiding my warranty cracking the case =P.

-bara

• 10 months later...

It's weird, I have the same problem. I plugged it in after I bought it at a Best Buy 2 hours away, and it worked great!

Then I got home, plugged it into my own comp, and only the backlit program button, the brightness button, the windows key lock, mute, and all the movie buttons are lit, but none of the others.

Does anyone know if I can do anything to fix it, or do I have to exchange it?

I have a Razor Naga mouse, maybe that's interfering with it somehow?

So I got it working after I did the 1.09 firmware update. I don't know what changed before, because it DID work when I had plugged it in the first time.

Oh well. If you're still having problems after...a year...I would try the update.

Archived