Corsair Community

H850i fan control speed

aceisme

I would like to know why the LINK software does not allow to control the PSU fan below 40%. At that setting the fan spins at 736 RPM. At 100% it spins at 1488 RPM and the 40% is more like 50%.

I would like to be able to have the fan spinning around 400-500 RPM at least. Any reason for the 40% minimum setting in LINK? What type of custom fan control is that if you can only start at 40% (which is more like 50% in my case)? Any chance of getting this rectified in future LINK updates?

Because the fan wont spin any slower than that dude.. under 40% would be 0 RPM. It's the Hardware (the Fan) not the software that decides this

What a lot of bull. The fan does spin lower than that. With the older Link software I could have the fan spin at 488 RPM (see attachment), so it is the software that limits it to 40%. My question is why limit it to 40%? The software should give you the option to go down to at least 30%. All my other 140mm fans I can get them to spin down to as low as 500 RPM with no problems at all.

Power.thumb.JPG.72bc82a27dcb58fda8e03823dea5510b.JPG

fair enough. prob best if I keep my bull out the PSU section of the forum really... good luck on your 'quest' ;)

Sorry, I didn't mean it in a bad way. I'm just pissed off that no one from Corsair can give me an explanation to this 40% PSU fan speed limit imposed by the LINK4 software.

Sorry, I didn't mean it in a bad way. I'm just pissed off that no one from Corsair can give me an explanation to this 40% PSU fan speed limit imposed by the LINK4 software.

So ... from my understanding, this was a limit requested by the PSU team.

Now, I'm gonna go out on a limb here and take a SWAG.

My SWAG? That users abused the ability to set super-low fans speeds which then caused the PSU to overheat, which triggered RMAs. So they set an lower limit to prevent this.

If you doubt the ability of the general public to do stupid things that they shouldn't do ... I would point out that curling irons have a warning on them "Not for internal use". That warning wouldn't be there if someone, probably several someones, hadn't done that. :eek:

It could also be that the fans just aren't designed to go lower. What I do know is that the fans in Corsair's PSUs are not like any other fans that you get ... they are actually specifically designed for PSUs. So it's possible that the old version shouldn't have done that because it's outside of the fan's design specs.

Archived