Corsair Community

Corsair Air 540 5.25-inch Drive Question

JeffPuha

Hello everyone. I want to purchase the Air 540 case to do a high-end gaming PC build in, but I'm concerned about something.

I need the use of at least one 5.25-inch bay for a blu-ray/DVD player and I was wondering how you keep the disc from falling out of the drive when you open it, or when you put the disc in and go to close it. This seems to be an issue to me since the drive bays are mounted vertically.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks very much. Jeff

Sometimes it takes a guiding finger on the disc while the tray is closing. Other times, the disc stays suspended in the vertical position without aid. It's really a non-issue unless you swap discs out constantly. You do have the option of turning the 540 over on it's side (glass door up). This would return the tray to the traditional position.

Hi "c-attack". Thanks for the reply. I appreciate it. So, the 5.25" drive bay doors open with the disc-loading trays facing left? I gather that from what you said about turning the 540 on its side with the glass panel facing up. Is that right? I thought the disc-loading trays would be facing to the right with the 540 in it's normal position. Please let me know. Thanks a lot. Jeff.

You can orientate the 5.25 drives facing either way -- your choice on installation. I was initially cautious when I first got the case, but after you have done it a couple of times there is no thinking required. It really isn't a problem unless there is a physical condition that makes things like this difficult.

Archived