Corsair Community

Corsair H100i V2 CPU Fan Speed Error Detected

RCAF91

First off, I apologize because I know there's already a couple threads about this posted. I read through them and am still a bit confused on how to solve the problem.

A friend of mine build my PC for me and I'm unable to get assistance from them to fix the problem so I'm hoping I can fix it myself here with help in the thread.

Nothing was touched for the PC hardware, I just randomly got this error upon boot up one day so hopefully I can get some help here on how to remedy the situation... I'm a complete noob when it comes to PC hardware and custom build PCs so please bear with me.

429484568_CPUFanError.thumb.PNG.8b05a40ca7a402669cf062858bf416aa.PNG

2135629545_BioScreen.thumb.PNG.c6c7a74a9487fe5167e6b52272c4ddb0.PNG

You need to check what fan header the cooler is installed on before we can do anything.

IF it's installed per the manual, it should be on the CPU Fan Header. In that case, you need to set that header to 100% (or disable Q-Fan control for the CPU Fan header; this will be in the Advanced BIOS settings). But there's no telling ... we've seen plenty of "experts" install the coolers incorrectly, including boutique system builders.

You need to check what fan header the cooler is installed on before we can do anything.

IF it's installed per the manual, it should be on the CPU Fan Header. In that case, you need to set that header to 100% (or disable Q-Fan control for the CPU Fan header; this will be in the Advanced BIOS settings). But there's no telling ... we've seen plenty of "experts" install the coolers incorrectly, including boutique system builders.

Ok, it worked fine for almost a year before randomly giving this error. Does that make sense?

Ok, it worked fine for almost a year before randomly giving this error. Does that make sense?

Well ... from what I can see, the CPU header isn't at 100%/Full Speed. That's assuming that the cooler is on the CPU Fan header.

Which means that it wasn't getting the proper voltage.

And yes, that makes sense; it's not uncommon for the coolers to work for a while and then die when they don't get enough voltage. And it's also possible that you made changes to the BIOS (either updating or setting to default or running fan optimization or tweaking it in AiSuite) that reset it from 100%.

Well ... from what I can see, the CPU header isn't at 100%/Full Speed. That's assuming that the cooler is on the CPU Fan header.

Which means that it wasn't getting the proper voltage.

And yes, that makes sense; it's not uncommon for the coolers to work for a while and then die when they don't get enough voltage. And it's also possible that you made changes to the BIOS (either updating or setting to default or running fan optimization or tweaking it in AiSuite) that reset it from 100%.

The pin was on the slot CPU_FAN

I just unplugged it now. Do these photos help at all?

88A923C8-7B5A-4C48-B999-D08FE11C8631.thumb.JPG.f526ce2507317f9200bb568c4be860f3.JPG

97EBDC58-CCF9-4541-AFD6-26D195A47646.thumb.JPG.e2e5ea65d42cca7223df14c32c2eb61c.JPG

77504C7A-B694-40E9-9F6B-3EF0B1DD8004.thumb.JPG.2d25a41dcb1062b38716788f90e15fe7.JPG

Why did you unplug it? Then the pump will get no power?

You need to go into the BIOS and set this to 100%/Full Power. This is actually covered in the Cooler FAQ.

Based on the BIOS screen shot, the CPU Fan header wasn't set to 100%.

If it's set to 100% and you still have issues, then the pump has gone bad.

You need to go into the BIOS and set this to 100%/Full Power. This is actually covered in the Cooler FAQ.

I just unplugged it so see which what the name of the slot it was plugged it was called. It's back in now, I'll boot up the PC and see if I have any luck with the settings again.

Set all fans to full power in the BIOS menu and booted and at idle my CPU cores are at temps between 70-100 degrees according to CoreTemp. So it's safe to assume the pump is bad and replace the cooler?

Usually the CPU boot error is a bad sign and nearly always fatal. Go ahead and start a support ticket with Corsair from the menu at the top of the page. You will need a receipt to make a warranty replacement claim.

I will do that, thank you.

Set all fans to full power in the BIOS menu and booted and at idle my CPU cores are at temps between 70-100 degrees according to CoreTemp. So it's safe to assume the pump is bad and replace the cooler?

Unfortunately, yes. Those kinds of temps at startup, as long as you are set to 100%. Note that AISuite can override your BIOS settings. And uninstalling it doesn't actually uninstall everything. Ugh.

Archived