Corsair Community

Faulty Corsair SP2500?

Junglist89

Hi all,

I've had my SP2500's for about 2 years now (I bought them when The Witcher 2 was released) but over the last few months i've noticed the control unit would turn down the volume automatically what didn't really bother me.

Now though. Now it's gone one step further.

My speakers turn themselves down to the point where I can just about hear them when I have the control unit in the red. Anyone that owns a pair of these speakers would know that you don't even need to have the volume 1/4 of the way up to be able to listen to it comfortably.

At first i thought it could be my PC but i've tried it with both my iPhone and Laptop as well as trying different Aux cables. I get the same result each time. Volume will be fine for about 20 minutes and then it goes right down to essentially mute and the only way to get it working again is to turn of the speakers for several minutes and then turn it back on and it might, if i'm lucky, decide to continue playing.

These are quite expensive speakers so i don't want to get rid of them after such a short period and the sound quality on them is next to none so buying more speakers or the same again is out of the question as it'll cost me a fair chunk of money.

They have firmware 1.05.06

Any help will be appreciated.

Do you know of anywhere that I can purchase the control pod on it's own? Corsairs website only ships to the US. I'm more than willing to buy whatever i need to fix it but it seems they don't sell the bits I need in the UK. Go figure.

Starting to think i'm SOL and i'll just get told to buy a complete new set even though the speakers themselves are fine and it's just the control unit.

Is there any way i can use the speakers without the control unit? I'm barely getting 5 minutes of Audio today and while it is easy to say wait it out I use my computer for music production as well as gaming and currently I can't do anything without Audio.

If i've learned one thing is that don't buy speakers that rely on a control unit to function. I've got a perfectly good 2.1 system now gimped because I can't buy the part i need.

Just an update. My new control unit came today and i'm still having the issue.

Is there anything else I can do? Can i return the control unit i've bought as i've just wasted money now.

This one has firmware version 1.05.08a if that means anything

if anyone could help me it'll be massively appreciated. I just want to be pointed in the right direction. Seems every other post on this forum gets a response but this one is overlooked.

edit: I'd like to add i've tried this speaker on my old computer and also my new build yet the same thing happens. It played for about 45 minutes today and then when i started playing Tomb Raider 5 minutes into the game it decided to cut out again.

Sorry I don't but it definitely sounds like a problem with the amplification circuitry within the speakers themselves. That means you'll have to RMA the entire setup. You've eliminated all other potential causes it sounds like.

Really? Well seeing as Corsairs nearest place is Netherlands and these speakers weigh quite a lot that would be expensive for me to do as well as any other charges i'd get for the repair.

I'm going to buy some Edifers S730's at the end of the month. My headphones will have to do until then. Shame, really good speakers the SP2500's but i just can't bring myself to buy another pair.

Thanks for the help though, much appreciated.

Edit: Thanks RAM GUY, i'll be sure to do that.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived