Corsair Community

Vengeance 2000 cracked

Alarin

I was simply slipping my headset on when I heard a "pop" then saw the following...

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/1682/img0602uo.jpg

I purchased these on 12/4/12 so they've only been nearly 2 months of use.

I requested a RMA through the support page as others had been advised with the same problem.

• 4 weeks later...

I received my replacement headset just under two weeks ago and my replacement set has already started cracking at the swivel posts on both sides of the headband.

After my previous experience I took care to avoid any unnecessary stress in handling the headset to avoid encountering the same problem. Yet disappointingly, under normal wear in just the last two weeks, the cracking defect has begun to occur.

I have submitted a new RMA request for this issue.

I have 2 of these headsets. Their sound is amazing!

Both are less than a month old and both have done the same thing as yours have rendering in them completely worthless. There is a serious design flaw in this product that needs immediate attention. The plastic above both earpieces will break within days of use because it is simply too thin and is not designed to bend where it does. The part should be made of metal. It's especially vulnerable when the earpieces are extended to fit a larger head. The problem is significant enough that I will be seeking a full refund for both headsets. I cannot accept paying $130.00 US each and having to send them back 12 times a year for repair. The only way I will keep them is if a stronger replacement part is made available immediately.

:mad:

Unfortunately for me, refund was not an option with my retailer because my first headset broke after I had fulfilled the MIR. So, an "RMA-I-go"... and hoping I finally receive a headset that wasn't manufactured with the defective material, if it's simply just that.

Well, Corsair CS has been great to me so far. Get in touch with them for resolution. Aside from this problem, though major in my opinion, I really do like everything else about these headsets compared to the others I've researched in the same price category. I really do hope that it's just a bad batch and not a design flaw.

Good luck to you guys as well!

• Corsair Employee

@Floppy, give them a few days to process it. The warehouse is really behind due to the Chinese New Year holiday so they're still trying to sort through everything in the queue.

@AlphaMaj, your RMA has been approved.

• 4 months later...

Archived