Corsair Community

Is there any difference between these two items?

Link47

Welcome to the House of Help!

Edited your post to make the links a bit clearer. As you can see, they are the same. Price difference partially is because NewEgg charges a bit more, and that they may have bought the memory from Corsair on different days. Memory prices change almost daily.

Go for ZipZoomFly!

What CPU / Motherboard do you plan on using them with?

It's a Dell Dimension 4600. Not sure what mobo it is, but I know it's an intel with a 82801EB chipset. Processor is a Pentium 4 2.4GHz. Vid card is a NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 128Mb. I'm pretty sure that ram will work on my computer, but do you think it will?

Recommended Modules for the Dell Dimension 4600

It's not on the compatibility list, but the System Select memory is. It'll probably work, but I wouldn't mix it with Dell memory. Dells are notorious for being picky when it comes to running with non-Dell memory. The System Select memory is a bit cheaper as well, albeit not tested in pairs like the TwinX is.

Moved to Corsair Compatibility Questions section.

Answer: MAYBE. The timings are loose enough as to where the Dell BIOS probably won't freak out, but again, Dells are picky. I'd give it an 80% chance of working fine.

Well let me ask you this, I want more ram for mostly gaming but also for running a bunch of programs at once, so do you think i should go with the Twinx that is marketed ask ram for gaming or go with the ram specially designed for dell computers by corsair?

Archived