Corsair Community

Crystal 280X - Cooling options?

Dingo89

I'm looking to ditch my exceptionally old H100i for a new H115i Pro.

Squeezing the H100i in the top, and 2 x LL120's in the front has me concerned about fitting the H115i Pro and a pair of 140's in the case though.

Has anyone successfully done this? H115i Pro in the top or front + 2 x 140mm fans in the opposing side?

Also trying to work on best ways to keep things cool at the moment. I love the case, but man does it get warm (I live in Queensland Australia, where it gets 35c+ over summer)

I'd put it in the front. I, personally, have an H100i in my 280x installed in the front. There is room for the 115i in the front. The top is a really tight squeeze.

As for the case getting warm ... there are a couple of potential reasons for this. One, as you indicated, is ambient temperature. No matter what, it cannot be cooler than the room around it. It will usually be warmer. In a liquid cooled system, the main culprit is the GPU - so set a custom (and aggressive) fan curve on your GPU to get that heat out as quickly as possible. You may also want to add some fans in the bottom.

Definitely the GPU as you said. Have a relatively quiet curve set up at the moment because the system is in our bedroom and is left playing videos overnight most nights. Have a second, much more aggressive profile for gaming.

It currently has the H100i in the top :)

I'm less concerned about fitting the cooler alone, more concerned about fitting a H115i Pro in one side, and 140mm fans in the other side (space interference at the corner).

I've currently got the system on it's side (with some rubber feet from my local hardware shop), with 2 x LL120's in the front, 2 x SP120's in the top side, and 1 x SP120 on the bottom. This was all I could fit in at the time (MATX motherboard makes it difficult to mount another 120 on the bottom).

I need to rework fan direction, which I'll be doing tonight after work. Bottom is intake, front is intake, top is exhaust. With the filters being where they are and the very open back of this case, I'm considering setting all to intake, or at least just the bottom to exhaust (remember, case is on it's side, so bottom is actually left side)

Hope that all makes a bit more sense :)

Have switched all 5 fans to intake. Considering there is quite an opening at the rear, this should be alright, and I'm missing a PCI cover as I've had to run a USB cable out of that for the cooler (ran out of motherboard headers, yet to buy an adaptor).

Some point in the near future I'll switch up to a new H115i and see how I go. My H100i has been a solid workhorse since release :D

Archived