Corsair Community

Commander pro problem?

ASPS

1.Each LL series fans have 2 headers, so with a commander pro + lighting hub, their both speed and lighting effect can be controlled?

2.I also have rgb led lighting node expansive kit. With 4 rgb strips, is 1 led slot enough? So plus lighting hub, 2 led slots needed? or I need add another lighting node pro for total 3 slots usage?

Thanks for answering, I spent 2 hours to research that since I thought commander pro can replace both lighting node pro and lighting hub. :roll:

You should be ok on both.

1) Yes, two wires per fan. Power/speed wire to motherboard or other fan controller. Lighting wire to lighting hub (6 fan hub). A Commander Pro can serve as the fan controller for speed, power, and as lighting interface to Link. It will need 1 SATA and 1 usb connection.

2) One wire from lighting hub (fans) to Lighting Node Pro led slot. The other led port can be for the strips. Each led port can manage 4 strips or 1 x 6 fan hub. Same rule applies for C-Pro.

Right now you don’t need a Commander Pro unless you want to control case fan speed through Link. The LNP can handle 6 fans (for lighting) and the 4 strips. With 6 fans or less and 4 strips, the C-Pro can directly replace the LNP, if you want the fan control. If you have more than 6 RGB fans or add more than 4 strips, you can plug the LNP into the C-Pro to create 3 slots for some combination of fans and strips (fan hub x 2, 4 strips or fan hub x 1 and 8 strips, etc).

You should be ok on both.

1) Yes, two wires per fan. Power/speed wire to motherboard or other fan controller. Lighting wire to lighting hub (6 fan hub). A Commander Pro can serve as the fan controller for speed, power, and as lighting interface to Link. It will need 1 SATA and 1 usb connection.

2) One wire from lighting hub (fans) to Lighting Node Pro led slot. The other led port can be for the strips. Each led port can manage 4 strips. Same rule applies for C-Pro.

Right now you don’t need a Commander Pro unless you want to control case fan speed through Link. The LNP can handle 6 fans and the 4 strips. With 6 fans or less and 4 strips, the C-Pro can directly replace the LNP, if you want the fan control. If you have more than 6 RGB fans or add more than 4 strips, you can plug the LNP into the C-Pro to create 3 slots for some combination of fans and strips (fan hub x 2, 4 strips or fan hub x 1 and 8 strips, etc).

Appreciated it. :D: Now, I can finally finish my build.

Archived