Corsair Community

Older DDR2 help

Traetuus

Hello there first time corsair customer, finally got some of those quality goods, and was wondering if my ram is able to run 2x4 since I have 8gb Max and dual Chanel memory and all the sticks are cm2x2048 - 6400C5

Is it possible to run all 4 slots with this or is it only able to run 2x2?

Will post and start up just fine when it's 2 sticks but all four won't post.

Can send pics of the ram as well since I'm not good with posting photos on forums since I'm not entirely sure how to do so.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Corsair Employee
Hello there first time corsair customer, finally got some of those quality goods, and was wondering if my ram is able to run 2x4 since I have 8gb Max and dual Chanel memory and all the sticks are cm2x2048 - 6400C5

Is it possible to run all 4 slots with this or is it only able to run 2x2?

Will post and start up just fine when it's 2 sticks but all four won't post.

Can send pics of the ram as well since I'm not good with posting photos on forums since I'm not entirely sure how to do so.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You should generally be able to run 4x2GB sticks (at your CPU/MB's supported stock speed).

Limiting factors would be your CPU/MB configuration and the speeds supported.

Which motherboard are you trying this on?

Fair enough also I noticed one stick looks like a revision not sure but 3 say 09025022-0 then the revision says 09110218. Now all 4 sticks are Xms2-6400. Also by the voltage 3 say 1.80v ver4.7. The strange one says 1.80v ver1.2. Would that matter?

You should generally be able to run 4x2GB sticks (at your CPU/MB's supported stock speed).

Limiting factors would be your CPU/MB configuration and the speeds supported.

Which motherboard are you trying this on?

Asus m3a78-cm

• Corsair Employee
Fair enough also I noticed one stick looks like a revision not sure but 3 say 09025022-0 then the revision says 09110218. Now all 4 sticks are Xms2-6400. Also by the voltage 3 say 1.80v ver4.7. The strange one says 1.80v ver1.2. Would that matter?

It might be enough of a difference to cause an issue. I just checked the manual of your board and it should work with 4 DIMMs (If I recall, some DDR2 boards were picky). Does the system boot with 3 DIMMs installed?

Also have an AMD firepro v5800 trying to get working but can't due to not compatible with windows 10 so trying to boot from a windows 7 ultimate disk and it won't make it past the starting windows page before rebooting and doing again. The GPU not so much a problem. Also I have found out motherboard can run 3x2gb it's extremely strange using only 3 sticks of ram.

It might be enough of a difference to cause an issue. I just checked the manual of your board and it should work with 4 DIMMs (If I recall, some DDR2 boards were picky). Does the system boot with 3 DIMMs installed?

Funny you mentioned that. I had currently 3x2gb dimms and it registered the goofy set up. Haven't tried with the 3 identical corsair dimms. So removing the one goofy might be my fix. Lul computers for beginners, but I'm learning. Also when changing dimm voltage it only shows me up to 533? Board manual says it can run 1066 4x2gb ram so idk what to do from there.

Archived